Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WW2 Dispatch Rider Helmet found at Car Boot Today

Article about: I picked this up at the local car boot today I believe its a WW2 Dispatch Riders Helmet. Dated 1944 unsure what the initials BMB stand for .

Default WW2 Dispatch Rider Helmet found at Car Boot Today

I picked this up at the local car boot today I believe its a WW2 Dispatch Riders Helmet. Dated 1944 unsure what the initials BMB stand for

WW2  Dispatch Rider Helmet found at Car Boot TodayWW2  Dispatch Rider Helmet found at Car Boot TodayWW2  Dispatch Rider Helmet found at Car Boot TodayWW2  Dispatch Rider Helmet found at Car Boot Today.

Default Re: WW2 Dispatch Rider Helmet found at Car Boot Today

No....

what you do have is a Para helmet!

BMB = Briggs Motor Bodies.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very nice para helmet, as Ade posted. Sounds like you might have got a bargain.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Bl**dy Hell!!!

Well done, well done indeed. It's worth an awful lot more than you paid for it I suspect.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

How much did you have to pay, if you dont mind

OK a bit shocked was told by several people at the 'Boot' that it was a DR helmet. £20 is what it cost.

thanks a lot Mark

these are selling for around £400 in this condition I think.

Well done Mark!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Mark Holden View Post
    OK a bit shocked was told by several people at the 'Boot' that it was a DR helmet. £20 is what it cost.

thanks a lot Mark
    Oh Gawd.......

Well done mate!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

£20, HOLY S**T, I'm coming to boot fairs with you, the last one I saw was nearer £500, you my friend must have some very golden spherical objects down below, thats the deal of 2012 so far, congratulations

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast