Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Hawley Pith Helmet

Article about: I didn't get much response on the U.S. Militaria forum and I'm looking for a little bit more information on this helmet. Just picked this up at an antique mall. I really don't know much abou

Default WW2 Hawley Pith Helmet

I didn't get much response on the U.S. Militaria forum and I'm looking for a little bit more information on this helmet. Just picked this up at an antique mall. I really don't know much about these helmets, all the research I've done has been on m1's. This pith helmet is produced by Hawley. I know these aren't near as valuable as Hawley helmet liners, I paid $35 for this pith helmet which I hope was a decent price.

If anybody could give me any information about what branch of the military this would have been used in, what year it comes from, and value that would be great. I think it's going to make an awesome addition to my helmet collection, I love the salty look. Someone on the U.S. Militaria forum said it looks like a civilian model, if this is the case what makes it a civilian model?

?

Default Re: WW2 Hawley Pith Helmet

Hello I believe this one might be a non military one produced for civilians I've never seen a wartime one with the image over the hawley like that. Also they almost always dated the helmets that were used by the military

Is this probably WW2 era?

I would say it is WW2 or earlier and still could be a issue one- here's my issue one to compare to

I agree Rene as I have the same one 44 dated.
    Looks that time period to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Hawley Pith Helmet   WW2 Hawley Pith Helmet  

WW2 Hawley Pith Helmet   WW2 Hawley Pith Helmet  

WW2 Hawley Pith Helmet  
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Those are still used by the Marine Corps and can be found usually worn by the Range officer at most Marine Corps shooting Ranges. I have one that is from the 50's-60's time frame.
    Semper Fi
    Phil