Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ww2 M1 or not?

Article about: Hello, can someone look up this M1 helmet shell and tell me if it is ww2? Heatstamp is 6 2 5 (either 0,3,8 or 9..) Have no picture because it is so faded, it is barely noticeable let alone t

Default Ww2 M1 or not?

Hello, can someone look up this M1 helmet shell and tell me if it is ww2?

Heatstamp is 6 2 5 (either 0,3,8 or 9..)
    Have no picture because it is so faded, it is barely noticeable let alone through a s####y camera

Netting and liner are proven post war Dutch, but the shell doesn't match post war dutch shells at all, and some think its ww2

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 M1 or not?   Ww2 M1 or not?  

Ww2 M1 or not?  
    Last edited by MAP; 05-23-2020 at 03:52 AM. Reason: language

Looks pretty good from what I can tell. Would need a picture of the heat stamp as well as the front and back of the helmets. Some more pictures of the sides and inside and just all around profile of the helmet would help too. I think it definitley has a chance of being a ww2 shell though.

Hunt

Picture of the heatstamp is a no go, my phone camera is too low quality so you cant see it in pictures, it's that faint..

It is a rear seam helmet, more pics coming soon

Hard to tell from the pictures. The helmet is sitting in the grass which makes it hard to see the profile. The smooth finish on the helmet is not WW2. Need to see the helmet buckle and keeper.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Should have explained, it has 3 layers of paint

Bottom: rough lighter green
    Middle: smooth dark, dark almost blueish green
    Top: smooth green, darker than bottom but lighter than middle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 M1 or not?   Ww2 M1 or not?  

Ww2 M1 or not?   Ww2 M1 or not?  

I don’t believe the lid is a US lid. The profile is a high dome but the bottom is low and doesn’t look correct for a US manufacture and the buckle and J hook are not made of the correct material for a rear seam helmet.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

If there was a heat stamp in this helmet take some talcum powder and sprinkle it over the number and wipe away the residue. You then may be able to take a photo.. But as Marty has indicated this may not be a US lid.

Can you take some pictures of the bales and the attachments of the bales to the helmet.

Smitty

The seam around this helmet looks much broader than US helmets.

Hope this is what u meant
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 M1 or not?  

Now i am no expert, but looking at my images and images on google showing WW2 M1's, i dont see a difference in shape

take in mind, i do see differences between the shape of the Belgium & German post war helmets, and the US WW2 helmet, so i know how they look

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast