Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 Mk1* converted from WW1 helmet

Article about: Hi all my brother recently bought this for £15 (the pictures are not mine they are the sellers.) It looks like a converted WW1 helmet but can anyone shed some light on itthe pictures are not

Default WW2 Mk1* converted from WW1 helmet

Hi all my brother recently bought this for £15 (the pictures are not mine they are the sellers.) It looks like a converted WW1 helmet but can anyone shed some light on itthe pictures are not the best but I will take some when it arrives.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Mk1* converted from WW1 helmet   WW2 Mk1* converted from WW1 helmet  

Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Best Regards Matt

Thanks for posting it for me. you can add the better pics though.
    Best Regards Tom

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Not sure what your asking, your title says it all, MKI*, poor condition, but the price reflects that, most were converted from WWI shells with new chinstrap lugs (MKII) added in the late 1930's in 37/38, many were used by the BEF in France in 1940.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    Not sure what your asking, your title says it all, MKI*, poor condition, but the price reflects that, most were converted from WWI shells with new chinstrap lugs (MKII) added in the late 1930's in 37/38, many were used by the BEF in France in 1940.
    Do you think this is one of those converted ones because it sure looks it? As it ha no Rim but could of lost that and has a what looks like a rivet in the photos to hold the liner in?
    Best Regards Matt

?

Very much looks like a Mk1*, they mostly had rims, but I think they did them rimless as well although I don't think I have seen one. Due to condition it could have lost it.
    The chin strap lugs give it away as a Mk1*.

Thanks for your help.
    Best Regards Matt

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Do you think this is one of those converted ones because it sure looks it? As it ha no Rim but could of lost that and has a what looks like a rivet in the photos to hold the liner in?
    Indeed, a MKI* conversion from a WWI MKI. Like Aaron I think they also used rim less war office brodies for these, a rare example if it is, but still the condition looks rough. Still a good pick up for the price.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks again to everyone that stopped to look and to those who helped.
    Best Regards Matt

Default It Arrived

Ok then The helmet arrived today I cant take pics yet because I need to charge my tablet there is a name on a piece of something (don't know what it is) I haven't read it all but the part I have read says Fire Group Leader and their is a White M on the front of the helmet.
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 07-25-2014 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Adding Title
    Best Regards Matt

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast