MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 MkII Canadian Camo Helmet Opinion

Article about: Noticed this interesting WW2 Canadian Camo with burlap. The camo pattern looks consistent with Canadians fighting in Italy but I'm not sure about the burlap application. What do you guys thi

?

Default WW2 MkII Canadian Camo Helmet Opinion

Noticed this interesting WW2 Canadian Camo with burlap. The camo pattern looks consistent with Canadians fighting in Italy but I'm not sure about the burlap application. What do you guys think?

WW2 Canadian Camouflage Helmet Mkii 1941 | eBay

?

WW2 MkII Canadian Camo Helmet OpinionWW2 MkII Canadian Camo Helmet OpinionWW2 MkII Canadian Camo Helmet Opinion

Hi, I would not like to commit one way or the other from these images. It looks pretty authentic, but I would want some good close up images of the cammo. Ask the seller for some, if he does not get back, then you have your answer! (one of the chinstrap lugs has worked loose) Leon.

I just got two Aussie camos so I hope this one is real, but something about the camo just looks a little wrong, doesnt look from the pics to have 'age'..as Leon said, get better photos of the camo...i couldnt say either way on this one

?

thank you, the link to ebay shows better pics, WW2 Canadian Camouflage Helmet Mkii 1941 | eBay

I just had a look at the ebay pics, the non camo parts have some large damage/dents that the lighter hessian camo part doesnt..still not sure mate, i think its an in hand one

?

good eye, I think you're right, in hand would convince me one way or another, seller has a 14 day return policy.

Hi, looking at the "zoom in" images, I can see a lot of repetitive "tool marks". Those long scratches (all of the same depth/length running at different angles) all look artificial to me, an attempt to put age and wear onto the helmet, so for me it's a thumbs down. These MKII's are really starting to come to the fakers attention, and they are getting better and better. Leon.

And, maybe my eyes, but I find the paint on the external side of the brim (where the paint usually doesn't stay on due the non-magnetic steel) too new in comparison to the amount of paint on the brim's inner side...

If it is a wrong-'un, they should've spent as much time on the inside as they have the outer.

I think the outside is good...but the inside doesn't seem to have seen the action the outside does......and for $300Cnd I'd want to see, touch, smell etc

Leon's right re the focus MkIIs are getting nowadays.....I guess the secret is to find the next "big thing"...and buy them all NOW......now, where's those lottery numbers....