Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ww2 original british helmet?

Article about: Hi, I have this helmet, I think it is british, but something is very strange (for me). The liner is different from the others that I can see online and the chin strap, in my opinion, is an i

Default Ww2 original british helmet?

Hi,
    I have this helmet, I think it is british, but something is very strange (for me). The liner is different from the others that I can see online and the chin strap, in my opinion, is an invention of the seller. Please I like to know your opinions, is it a ww2 british helmet? is it the kaki color correct? And the liner?
    Can be post war? Israely army? ...Please need help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 original british  helmet?   Ww2 original british  helmet?  

Ww2 original british  helmet?   Ww2 original british  helmet?  

Ww2 original british  helmet?  

Hi, I've never seen a liner like this but it doesnt look post-war, looks more like some sort of early liner and chinstrap. However wait for some of the guys with more knowledge.

Cheers, Mads

Edit:

Very nice lid btw.

Canadian?

Here's an Israelian liner:

Ww2 original british  helmet?

Israel MkI - Brendon's Helmets

?

Having 57 stamped on the liner makes me feel that is for size in cm, making it mainland Europe & not British.
    The chin strap looks to be an British Mk3 elasticated chin strap but the end that fits onto the chin strap lug has been altered.
    I would say post war modifications for maybe a Europe Country that used the Mk2.

I found the date 44 on the liner...
    Partisan

Do you have a photo of it?

Hi,
    I have found a number ont the steel of the helmet, it seems: 1940 (but I'm not sure) and 175
    On the liner I found 44 (can be the year?)
    here is the photos:

have you any idea?

Thanks
    Partisan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 original british  helmet?   Ww2 original british  helmet?  

?

An interesting helmet in it's own right partisan and I believe Aaron is on to something here I do not think the liner to be an invention of the seller either.
    It will be interesting to see how this pans out as I have a few helmets myself with unidentified liners that have been deemed manufactured post war or of unknown origins.

Regards Mark K

?

Hi Partisan, None of the British makers that I've seen date their liners in this way,it's always 19--. & even if they did just do the last two numbers I don't think they would be that big.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast