Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

WWII marked fibre rim para helmet

Article about: Hey guys,ive found in NZ a BMB marked 1942 dated british para helmet...i think...the chinstrap is the later canvas type and the paint is average with a lighter sort of OD/khaki on the inside

?

Default WWII marked fibre rim para helmet

Hey guys,ive found in NZ a BMB marked 1942 dated british para helmet...i think...the chinstrap is the later canvas type and the paint is average with a lighter sort of OD/khaki on the inside and a darker almost black on the outside...i went to try and get pics today but the bloke wasnt there..will try again on saturday but what i wanted to know was if it is the real deal then is 600 a fair price..i realise pics will be the maker/breaker but thought id get a rough idea,cheers Sean

Sounds pretty good at 600 NZ dollars. I look forward to seeing the photos.

?

Wasn't able to get any pictures..he was supposed to be there over easter weekend but the shop was never open and we flew out easter monday..ill see if my parents can get some pictures instead

?

Got some pictures thanks to my mum
    WWII marked fibre rim para helmetWWII marked fibre rim para helmetWWII marked fibre rim para helmetWWII marked fibre rim para helmet

?

An WW2 British para helmet (HSAT)that has been converted post war most likely by the Australians with canvas chin straps. Wartime Mk1 HSAT would have had leather chin straps.

?

Thanks tinlid..what do you think would be a fair price for this helmet?

?

These helmets were not that collectable a few years ago, but now they are starting too, & are collected as what they are.
    So at a guess £350-£600.

?

Thanks for that!

?

Hi Torch a nice post war converted Fiber Rim that I would happily display in my own collection as these were modified by the MOD for continued service they still hold historical value and are an interesting variation of an already iconic AB helmet it would be interesting to know it's service history.

Regards Mark