Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Navy MKII Talker helmet sells for US $406.00

Article about: this one has the original OD green finish, I dont see many with the original OD paint? WWII Talker Helmet Original Unusual | eBay

Default WWII Navy MKII Talker helmet sells for US $406.00

this one has the original OD green finish, I dont see many with the original OD paint?

WWII Talker Helmet Original Unusual | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Navy MKII Talker helmet sells for US 6.00   WWII Navy MKII Talker helmet sells for US 6.00  

WWII Navy MKII Talker helmet sells for US 6.00   WWII Navy MKII Talker helmet sells for US 6.00  

WWII Navy MKII Talker helmet sells for US 6.00  

Looks a bit bland if you ask me BG,isn't there mean't to be chinstraps of some sort?lot of money thats for sure.

A bare shell, they should have a liner system like this Ques Collection -- US Navy Mk II talker helmet

Thats it paul,i mean't where's the liner system?knew my eyes were off today,thanks for putting in the missing piece.

I remember trying to sell my more common blue painted MKII Talker helmet w/ chin strap and I almost couldnt give it away, it must be because of the factory OD finish? most of them are the sea blue color.

Vietman era not ww2 much rarer than the ww2 ones.
    Chris

Was only guessing don't know a lot about them to be honest,so were they made just wartime or straight through 3 decades,so which one is this a mk?isn't there still meant to be some sort of liner etc?.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Was only guessing don't know a lot about them to be honest,so were they made just wartime or straight through 3 decades,so which one is this a mk?isn't there still meant to be some sort of liner etc?.
    I read somewhere the US issue MKII helmets were only mfg during WWII by McCord Radiator company, and the early versions were painted in OD green , old navy veterans say they hated wearing these helmets during their time in the navy, they were uncomfortable and only came in one size, the helmet shown in the OP is only missing the chin strap, the canvas coated foam padding is the liner and were normally worn with earphones

notice the sailor in the photo on the left has a OG painted Talker helmet? those must be early WWII issue.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Navy MKII Talker helmet sells for US 6.00  
    Last edited by battle gear; 06-15-2015 at 06:06 PM.

Here´s quite a lot info on the Talker helmet, all in español.
    USA MK2 TALKER
    For those who are not fluid and skilled in Don Quijote´s tongue, there are also a lot of really nice pics..

It says that between 1940-1945 about 400´000 Talkers where made by "Mc Cord Radiator Manufacturing Company" from non magnetic Manganese Steel.
    The Liner was manufactured by FIRESTONE TIRE & RUBBER CO.

My Talker Helmet is grey-blueish, as most of the ones i have seen..
    As fas as i know, they are all wartime-issue.
    And to pay 406 USD for one of them just for being green.. well good luck to the seller, i´d rather have my grey one which costed me some 35USD..