Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Yellow helmet?

Article about: Hello! I got this yellow helmet. Looks like the British design but I do not know what it is. Please help me! what is it and is it worth something? Thanks!

Default Yellow helmet?

Hello!
    I got this yellow helmet. Looks like the British design but I do not know what it is.
    Please help me! what is it and is it worth something?
    Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yellow helmet?   Yellow helmet?  

Yellow helmet?  

The liner is similar to the kind often seen used in the CPH, or 'Zuckerman' helmet. Mk2 liners sometimes appear in these helmets, so it's entirely likely that the reverse happened here. The three holes drilled in the brim indicate that this helmet was manufactured from inferior quality steel, as was common with Home Front helmets. Here's the liner of my CPH for comparison:

Yellow helmet?

As for the paintjob, it does have some age to it, but I'm unsure. The flash looks like Bomb Reconnaissance or something similar. The marking on the outside of the brim has me mystified, as it is my understanding that all markings would be on the underside.

My educated guess would be a WWII Home Front helmet reissued and reused during the Cold War.

B.B.

?

Norwegian Civil Defence, post war.

Oz.

Thanks both of you for your answers! do you know if it is worth anything?

The MO of this forum, generally, is not to give out free evaluations. If you poke around the 'Net, you should be able to get a rough idea of what these are worth. It's a pretty niche item, but someone out there is bound to collect them.

Regards, B.B.

?

A good Brodie is always worth something. Civil less than wartime. If a large stock was sold by government auction then the price would not be very high.
    Here is my Dutch 1956 civil helmet which somehow made its way to Australia where I found it at a gun show.

Yellow helmet?

Oz.

?

Although I do appreciate an helmets history (meaning it's war use and post) I have a pang of sadness to see what this helmet might have had painted to the front. It is stamped OSRAM on the rim,they made electric light bulbs, and no doubt played a good part in the war effort during the war.

sorry for asking about value. I will look it up by myself! Thanks a lot for all the answers!