Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yet another MKII MALTA Cammo on the bay!

Article about: Hi gents, I guess you have seen it!! Yes, it's another Malta Cammo on ebay, one of the rarest MKII helmets making another appearance. That said, from my un-trained eyes, I quite like the loo

?

430 now, more than I wanted to pay.

A lot of money for an uncertain variant and after years of almost never seeing any "Malta" camo's for sale they seem to appear on the bay quite often these days.

A shame if people are faking these as it would be great to grab one of these.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hi Jerry if I was positive on the providence I would consider adding this Mk II just to many doubts in my mind to be 100% positive on this one.
    A shame really as it would look good on my shelf.

Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

?

What year is the shell? Where is it being sold from?

I've seen about 10 originals in person so far, and the patterns do vary, but about 8 out of 10 will have the better known pattern from the photos posted.

What I do find off is that the green appears to be painted over the sand. Or does it? Very hard to tell.

Well the liner is a 1938 but of course that could have been swapped, but not before the "cammo" was applied as the top nut is sealed by the paint. I personally cannot fault the helmet except that I simply do not trust it as there is no provenance, I think I may lose out on a lot of good helmets in the future because of my pessimism!! Oh and it's now 460. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	784281  
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

?

Sold 600

Good luck to whomever bought it and I hope it was a good one, I mostly like it but not sure I'd pay this price even if I was 100% certain, though the equivalent German helmet would be at least double this price.

WW2 BRITISH MALTA PATTERN CAMOUFLAGE HELMET 39/45 | eBay
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Original eto fs/sb 2 panel medic with 2nd pattern Hawley. you think this camo is expensive try looking at a medic m1 and choking on your beer!!!!!!
    With Regards Jake.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Good luck to whomever bought it and I hope it was a good one, I mostly like it but not sure I'd pay this price even if I was 100% certain, though the equivalent German helmet would be at least double this price.

WW2 BRITISH MALTA PATTERN CAMOUFLAGE HELMET 39/45 | eBay
    And the rest Jerry, a decent German cammo can set you back 2000 these days! I too hope this was a good Malta cammo as it looks great, but 600 is a very strong price for something I would only ever be 95% confident about. That said maybe in hand it is a one look stunner. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I think I may lose out on a lot of good helmets in the future because of my pessimism!! Oh and it's now 460. Leon.
    I think that's the right attitude to have if you can't actually handle it beforehand or if there's an absence of provenance to back it up. I don't have that kind of money to splash out so I'm safe

Tony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12