Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yet another MKII MALTA Cammo on the bay!

Article about: Hi gents, I guess you have seen it!! Yes, it's another Malta Cammo on ebay, one of the rarest MKII helmets making another appearance. That said, from my un-trained eyes, I quite like the loo

Default Yet another MKII MALTA Cammo on the bay!

Hi gents, I guess you have seen it!! Yes, it's another Malta Cammo on ebay, one of the rarest MKII helmets making another appearance. That said, from my un-trained eyes, I quite like the look of this one as the wear looks consistent to all parts and paint. Also it is not being sold by Reg, which is always a plus point, I am only becoming cynical about these as to many have "turned up" in the last few weeks? Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yet another MKII MALTA Cammo on the bay!   Yet another MKII MALTA Cammo on the bay!  

Yet another MKII MALTA Cammo on the bay!   Yet another MKII MALTA Cammo on the bay!  

?

It's an unusual Malta camo but it looks good to me.

Being cynical is good in this hobby LOL. Sometimes people see "crap" making good money and so it brings out good items onto the market.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

SMP
    ?

Well it's a free country. Good luck to anyone who wants to gamble their hard-earned cash on one of these rare Malta camos. I've only ever seen 3 examples I would spend my money on. Aaron knows which three I'm talking about.

Not too keen on this one, almost looks like they were trying too hard. It might be a different matter in the hand but it has already reached £244 with 6 days to go so its not going to be cheap.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Now that is an interesting Mk II and the second one with this type of a camo pattern I had seen the first one some years ago and it was very worn and weathered but did have that same rock pile/wall type of pattern about it and IMO it was a good helmet wish I could find the image but I do not think I saved it.
    As to this particular Mk II i can find no fault with it but think a huge leap of faith would be required and there would always be a question mark in the back of my mind.

Regards Mark

?

It's up to £310, & if it is a fake this one has jumped to the next level from what we have seen.
    Time to give up collecting camo's I think, unless you know where it has come from.

?

Hi Aaron I am definitely on the fence on this one as you stated it looks good the problem is the controversy surrounding camo's right now and this particular Mk II has what I would consider for the most part a 1 off style of a camo pattern that is not generally recognizable to most as a standard Malta Camo it will be interesting to see if this works for it or against it during the sale.

Regards Mark

?

Trouble is the only way to tell is to buy it, & the way it's going it's gonna be £500-£600, which is too much for a gamble.
    It's pattern is quite unique but even the ARP services had this camo, so there are lots of variants.
    Here's some pics, one with an artist at work.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yet another MKII MALTA Cammo on the bay!   Yet another MKII MALTA Cammo on the bay!  

Yet another MKII MALTA Cammo on the bay!   Yet another MKII MALTA Cammo on the bay!  

Yet another MKII MALTA Cammo on the bay!  

?

Hi Aaron I agree there is more than one variation of the Malta camo pattern but the one shown IMO does not follow any of the well known patterns.

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast