Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Zuckerman from the Blitz ?

Article about: I recently bought 2 Zuckerman from a small village in Kent I was told by the owner that an older man in the village used them when he was working as a search light operator dude in the blitz

Default Zuckerman from the Blitz ?

I recently bought 2 Zuckerman from a small village in Kent I was told by the owner that an older man in the village used them when he was working as a search light operator dude in the blitz. Wether this story is true I'm not sure. Apart from this I know very little about these helmets, there in slightly worn rusted condition as I think they have been kept in a damp attic for a while. The liners seem to be held in via a boot lace I'm not sure if these were applied after from wear and tear but I have provided some photos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	422909Click image for larger version. 

Views:	57 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	422911Click image for larger version. 

Views:	48 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	422907Click image for larger version. 

Views:	47 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	422910Click image for larger version. 

Views:	60 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	422912Click image for larger version. 

Views:	59 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	422913Click image for larger version. 

Views:	60 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	422914

Default Re: Zuckerman from the Blitz ?

My helmet is also 'bootlaced' so I think thats as it should be. The manufacture date of 4/41 is a little late for the Blitz (depending on how you define it) but the blitz period it is usually quoted as 9/40 to 5/41. Also, I would of though searchlights would be operated by trained military personel, (Im happy to be corrected of course) and this is a civillian helmet. Still, a perfectly good helmet.

Yeah thanks I was just going by what the seller could tell me about the item as I recognised the Shape as a zuckerman but I wasn't to clear on its use

A spot on untouched example. The lace is likely the original one, I've had a few with the same flat black lace.

?

2 original civilian protective helmets of the 10 million made.