Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Zuckerman from the Blitz ?

Article about: I recently bought 2 Zuckerman from a small village in Kent I was told by the owner that an older man in the village used them when he was working as a search light operator dude in the blitz

Default Zuckerman from the Blitz ?

I recently bought 2 Zuckerman from a small village in Kent I was told by the owner that an older man in the village used them when he was working as a search light operator dude in the blitz. Wether this story is true I'm not sure. Apart from this I know very little about these helmets, there in slightly worn rusted condition as I think they have been kept in a damp attic for a while. The liners seem to be held in via a boot lace I'm not sure if these were applied after from wear and tear but I have provided some photos.

Zuckerman from the Blitz ?Zuckerman from the Blitz ?Zuckerman from the Blitz ?Zuckerman from the Blitz ?Zuckerman from the Blitz ?Zuckerman from the Blitz ?Zuckerman from the Blitz ?

Default Re: Zuckerman from the Blitz ?

My helmet is also 'bootlaced' so I think thats as it should be. The manufacture date of 4/41 is a little late for the Blitz (depending on how you define it) but the blitz period it is usually quoted as 9/40 to 5/41. Also, I would of though searchlights would be operated by trained military personel, (Im happy to be corrected of course) and this is a civillian helmet. Still, a perfectly good helmet.

Yeah thanks I was just going by what the seller could tell me about the item as I recognised the Shape as a zuckerman but I wasn't to clear on its use

A spot on untouched example. The lace is likely the original one, I've had a few with the same flat black lace.

?

2 original civilian protective helmets of the 10 million made.