Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1/6th Scale MG42 and Tripod - 2nd Christmas present !

Article about: Hey all Well, I have now finished the model MG42, the tripod and the little landscape to sit it on. I will put a bit more flourish on the base once I have time......to be honest I just wante

Default 1/6th Scale MG42 and Tripod - 2nd Christmas present !

Hey all

Well, I have now finished the model MG42, the tripod and the little landscape to sit it on. I will put a bit more flourish on the base once I have time......to be honest I just wanted to get it finished and posted for you guys to see

The MG42 is about 7.5inches in length so it's quite a size. It has fully functioning cocking handle and the barrels can be changed over as well. The breach is openable (as you can see below) and the belt can be fed in ..... but the extra weight pulls the gun to the side so I've left them out for now until I work out how to support the belt 'inivisibly' .

The tripod is also fully functioning and can be completely folded up and the legs retracted to allow carrying with the leather straps. You can also traverse the gun and raise or lower the firing angle.

It was a joy to make as, for once, the model company didn't supply a step by step instruction manual, but rather a set of 'blue-prints' to work off. It was quite a challenge and one or two bits were stuck in place then frantically removed 15 minutes later when I realised they were on back to front or upside down !

Here she is....

I've added some more pictures to the thread below so you can see a bit more of the detail. Open them in another window as I have kept them to a nice size. You will see much more of the detail if you open them individually

Hope you like it

Cheers

Steve T
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1/6th Scale MG42 and Tripod - 2nd Christmas present !   1/6th Scale MG42 and Tripod - 2nd Christmas present !  

1/6th Scale MG42 and Tripod - 2nd Christmas present !   1/6th Scale MG42 and Tripod - 2nd Christmas present !  

1/6th Scale MG42 and Tripod - 2nd Christmas present !   1/6th Scale MG42 and Tripod - 2nd Christmas present !  

Default Re: 1/6th Scale MG42 and Tripod - 2nd Christmas present !

wow steve thats amazing mate well done was it bought in the uk would love a shot at that sometime very nice model for display mate well done

regards ewan

Yep....got it in the UK.

Google it There are quite a few places sell it. On the online model shops, check in 'large scale military' category. It's made by Dragon. I'm gonna get the 30 and 50cal MGs as well

Cheers

Steve T

Hi Steve
    That.s a nice looking model and the Detail is Fantastic , it would look nice on a shelf with the other similar models.
    I.ll have to throw some hints to the missus on what to get me for my Birthday.

Martin

Hi Steve,
    What a lovely model it is better than i imagined, got to get one
    i think you have set a trend now. there will be MG42,s in all the war rooms, ( minature of cause ) thanks for showing it.
    It,s my birthday on the 2nd Feb, so now i know what to have.
    dave.

Steve , thats come up awesome mate , these 1/6 scale pieces just keep getting better , i love it , cheers Raymond

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Steve,
    What a lovely model it is better than i imagined, got to get one
    i think you have set a trend now. there will be MG42,s in all the war rooms, ( minature of cause ) thanks for showing it.
    It,s my birthday on the 2nd Feb, so now i know what to have.
    dave.
    Hello Dave,
    I'm really impressed with Steve's work, truly excellent attention to detail.
    Happy birthday for Feb 2nd, I'll be 60 on the 13th Jan, this week. If anyone wants to send me a present, one of these will fit the bill nicely, but I would settle for a real one if there are any philanthropic millionaire's out there!
    All best,
    Guy.

STEVE, fantastic details, looks real. great job, crap I can't even get my 87b stuka finished, just no time. nice work!!!
    regards Marty

Steve.

and I quote.....'It has fully functioning cocking handle and the barrels can be changed over as well. The breach is openable'
    So me thinks Does it need a licence?

Seriously though great job mate, if you'd photographed it against a natural back ground you could have fooled me into believing it was a full sized genuine piece.

All the best.

LUCKYSTRIKE

I don't have a de-act certificate for it LS, but now you've mentioned it maybe I should send it to the Birmingham proofing house to get their opinion.

Knowing my luck, it'll come back with a groove cut in the barrel and the block chopped off at an angle, (and the way things are going with de-act's and replicas, it wouldn't entirely surprise me !!!)

Steve T

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast