Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1970s Toy Soldiers

Article about: Hey guys, Had these stored in a box for a few years. Thought I would share... German army. British army. American army. Annoyed from this ads?   1971. They have seen a bit of action.

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Aha, there WERE a motley crew of survivors from the great mutant cat invasion!!!!
    Nup I have Steve Austin under wraps

Ahh, the classic hoarder!
    Love it! A man after my own heart.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

great collection danger that really takes me back , i grew up on the economy version1970s Toy Soldiers
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    great collection danger that really takes me back , i grew up on the economy version1970s Toy Soldiers
    See ah warned ya!..
    Beware the giant beastie ....wi greet big teeth!!

Run away, run away! !
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Love these. I also couldn’t afford them when I was kid.
    Look for them all the time at boot sales for the boy, but there really kinda for me. Have managed to pick up most of the 1/32 airfix ones. Its another whole area of collecting if you go for it.
    Back then my airfix ones were killed with a marble, these days they are murdered with nerf guns, boy loves it.
    Here are some we have and a ruined French farm house we made from a shoe box.
    Great stuff
    Rod
    1970s Toy Soldiers1970s Toy Soldiers

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Nup I have Steve Austin under wraps
    Hmmm. Does Steve have the Kung Fu grip and bionic chip in his arm??

these were a few of my Dad's in the early 1930's. I played with them as a kid as well as my nephews....rescured them after he passed. Now they are safe from the firecrackers......

1970s Toy Soldiers1970s Toy Soldiers1970s Toy Soldiers1970s Toy Soldiers1970s Toy Soldiers1970s Toy Soldiers
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, we was to poor to own the single soldiers, sorry to say but had to steal a couple from Woolworths until I got caught and banned from the store. We only had the cheap plastic mould type figures. This posting really takes me back.
    Regards SK

I had a couple of the German ones (stick grenade guy and the MG ammo case guy) plus also a Japanese officer with sword. I'd totally forgotten about them until now, thanks Danger!

?

No worries guys. I never had these as a kid. I had the plastic ones. But i
    knew of these and wanted some. Wasn't until i was in my early 30s till
    i got some. Been told they are collectable. Anyway, my son will get to play with
    these when he is old enough. 20-30.

I'm pretty sure I still have my 3 boxed up in my storage container back in OZ. I remember for the Japanese officer I painted him using my model paints, made a small plinth using paddle-pop sticks, got some thick moss (to represent marshy terrain) and then painted his boots to look muddy. Was quite effective as i recall except I had to keep watering the moss to stop it going brown which eventually caused the paddle-pop sticks to rot. Still, not a bad effort for a 12 year old.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast