Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2 inch mortar

Article about: I only had the tail so I made the bomb.

?

Default 2 inch mortar

I only had the tail so I made the bomb.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 inch mortar.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	81499  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Default Re: 2 inch mortar

Very nice !

Shame it wasn't one of the English 'stumpy' mortars, I have a spare nose cap that would have looked at home on it.

Make one of those next !

Steve T

Hi Pete,
    Wow, it,s great and looks the part to you have done a brilliant job on it. As Steve says all you need now is the stumpy brit one,
    Great display model. Very well done.
    dave.

very nicely done..

?

Thanks gents,actually it should be the stumpy shape to be correct,I used the shape of a 3 inch projectile because I thought it looked nicer " artistic license " so to speak...
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

zwerge !

You little devil you !

Just for that I am going to taunt you with the 2 inch mortar caps.....one could have been yours.....but not for a 3inch (although only 2inch) mortar. I think ?

Steve T
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mortar caps 1.JPG 
Views:	1020 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	81660  

?

Quote by Steve T View Post
    zwerge !

You little devil you !

Just for that I am going to taunt you with the 2 inch mortar caps.....one could have been yours.....but not for a 3inch (although only 2inch) mortar. I think ?

Steve T
    MEANY...
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Hi guys.
    Steve, are those Mortar caps from a British 2' HE round? I found one exactly like yours yesterday in the hills in Hong Kong. Did they use a similar cap on other 2' mortars? I have had a look about but there's no substitution for experience, which this site oozes.
    Also Steve, you mentioned that I should start a new thread with my finds, which I'm happy to do, most of my finds are in storage at the moment but Ill get some photos and start a new thread soon.
    Keep up the good work lads

Hi Banny, the smaller cap you desribe is most likely from the base of the round. This is also removed before firing. I have shown a pic for you of a 1939 dated example from my collection.

Cheers, Ade.

Name:	2 inch mortar fins. Dated 1939.jpg 
Views:	1015 
Size:	148.8 KB 
ID:	113665  

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Banny, the smaller cap you desribe is most likely from the base of the round. This is also removed before firing. I have shown a pic for you of a 1939 dated example from my collection.

Cheers, Ade.
    I thought this cap was left on and the hole in it was for the firing pin to go through?

Name:	M 3.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	113733  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast