Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?

Article about: G'day All Just found my old Action Man Pz wraparound at my folks place - two survivors from when I where a kid, well just survived..... you can all guess who the doll is

Default Re: Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    Heres my last three, i had loads when i was a kid, i recently sold the afrika korp and last issue stormtrooper figures, great items guys rgds Dave
    Nice Dave!! they look great. It looks like they just added and changed the color a little of the original USMC camo, and sold it as the Wafffen SS camo smock in England.

Thanks for showing Dave. Will dig out my Joes soon for more pics.

Regards, Steve

Cool Dave! Oh to have that Afrika Corps uniform again

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 05-17-2010 at 01:53 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    If I recall (did not pay much attention to this part of Joe)
    It's molded in right above the crack of his ASS .....

What were you doing with The Joes back then that you remember soooooo well Slick Rick?? or should it be "SICK Rick"
    I hope "Slick" does not mean the way you get when you have vaseline all over
    HaHa to both the answer(which is wrong) and the comment(is that wrong???)

Look at GI Joe's thumb. Found that out when I went looking for the Bofors gun.

Quote by Slick Rick View Post
    HaHa to both the answer(which is wrong) and the comment(is that wrong???)

Look at GI Joe's thumb. Found that out when I went looking for the Bofors gun.
    I think my Joes are a little older than yours Rick. That's why I thought you were asking about the maker-patent mark......... because of the fairly humorous location .

OK Nick, Rick & Folks, a trip down memory lane..........

***Note: The firefighter Joe was painted DARK brown in 5th grade to simulate an "African-American" (or whatever name is now currently politically correct) for a Model-Diarama school project of two boxers in a boxing ring. I got an A.
    But....He now works good to fill the firemans suit, as that is the only uniform that covers Joes head completely if I remember correctly, and happened to have this outfit.

Enjoy!! I hope these pics bring back some good memories....they do for me.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?   Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?  

Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?   Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?  

Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?   Anyone collect Action Man/GI Joe uniforms?  

Great pics Steve! I have just gone back 30 years !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Great pics Steve! I have just gone back 30 years !

Nick

Thanks Nick......Ahhhhh....the good old days

I hope more from other members are posted..............

Great idea you had for this thread, I think many a WW2 collector's diseases were caused partly by these action figures or "dolls"....... as some call them

Regards, Steve

Funny that.....

.....I have a tattoo on my bum cheek with '1967' and 'WW2 relic hunter and metal detectorist prototype. Patent pending.' on it.

Strange how life mimics fiction sometimes.

Anyone want a picture of it, please let me know.

Steve T

By the way, I would love to post pictures of my action man tank and patrol boat. Only problem is both are at the bottom of the river soar at Cotes, nr Loughborough. Me and my mate were having a battle and the air bombs we used for special effects were rather more powerful than we had thought

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    By the way, I would love to post pictures of my action man tank and patrol boat. Only problem is both are at the bottom of the river soar at Cotes, nr Loughborough. Me and my mate were having a battle and the air bombs we used for special effects were rather more powerful than we had thought

Steve T
    Ha! Ha! Nice one Steve!

The things we put our Action Men through when we were kids !

All my survived the outdoor battles, fireworks, quicksands , thrown out of bedroom windows... etc I think they liked showing off to my sisters Sindy dolls

Nick

".....I have a tattoo on my bum cheek with '1967' and 'WW2 relic hunter and metal detectorist prototype. Patent pending.' on it.

Strange how life mimics fiction sometimes.

Anyone want a picture of it, please let me know."

Ok, THAT'S over the top. But I would be interested in seeing a very cropped photo. If you ever get to the piercing stage, I'm leaving.

It would put you in the SERIOUS COLLECTOR category, though.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast