Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

B-24 Liberator

Article about: Not a model collector but got this at an auction today, because I liked it.

Default B-24 Liberator

Not a model collector but got this at an auction today, because I liked it.

B-24 Liberator
    B-24 Liberator
    B-24 Liberator

Nice model, is it wood?...

Thanks Gunny. Feels like wood. I really wanted the Fokker 1 triplane but it went for too much.

That's one of the Desktop Models range made from solid Philippine Mahogany, very nice and not cheap either. Is it 1:72 scale Todd?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi, Ned. Yes, 1:72 scale. Light but a nice size. How much do these usually go for? That might explain why the Fokker 1 went for more.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Hi, Ned. Yes, 1:72 scale. Light but a nice size. How much do these usually go for? That might explain why the Fokker 1 went for more.
    They (1:72 scale bombers) generally retail at around $125-$150+ these days, they used to be closer to $200-$250+ a couple of years ago for a fairly standard one, but a lot more folks jumped on the bandwagon.

They usually offer a service to paint 'em up as any aircraft you like, your Dad's, Grandad's ship, whatever. These are more money, as are one's signed by surviving members of well known crews or aces, there's quite a few signed models of the 'Enola Gay' knocking around for instance, and now they're all dead the price has started going up! Because they are made in the Philippines, labour's cheap, and they don't cost a lot to produce, but when they get Stateside the retail profit is huge.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks, Ned. Damn, if I have known that I could have gotten quite a few for $200 total. I had no idea!

Hi,
    Very nice model and well made to, I have a drawing to do for a guy in the States of a B24, Diana Mite
    the aircraft was brought down over germany in a collision with another B24 Our Baby so loking forward to doing that.
    Dave.