Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

British army rifleman in battle order , 1916. Bronze version complete at last !

Article about: Finally i got the cast version of my first world war infantryman finished . He was hard work to get out of mould and the metal was fiddly to clean up , even with sandblasting ! Weighs in at

Default British army rifleman in battle order , 1916. Bronze version complete at last !

Finally i got the cast version of my first world war infantryman finished . He was hard work to get out of mould and the metal was fiddly to clean up , even with sandblasting ! Weighs in at over 6 kg .British army rifleman in battle order , 1916. Bronze version complete at last !British army rifleman in battle order , 1916. Bronze version complete at last !British army rifleman in battle order , 1916. Bronze version complete at last !

Default Re: British army rifleman in battle order , 1916. Bronze version complete at last !

Hello Rob,
    This is truely lovely work, all the details are superb, and the colour of the bronze suits his uniform and the environment he fought in 'Mud'. All those months of work have been well worth your effort a masterpiece.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Default Re: British army rifleman in battle order , 1916. Bronze version complete at last !

Splendid work, nice details.
    You really catch this soldiers struggle.

Gr. Theo.

?

Hi Rob, another great piece, certainly catches the moment, ive missed your posts and work over these past months

Hi rob,
    Superb piece of art, you have captured it just right he looks like he,s had enough,lol. Lovely piece.
    dave.

Wow, that is a real talent you have there mate! It is fantastic!

I'll second Dave on that.
    It's a beautiful thing mate.
    Have a good one all.

Thanks for your comments everyone !
    Heres pictures showing the plastiline original coated in shellac and broken up into more readily mouldable pieces , with mould barriers added. The green figures are the hollow poured waxes assembled with pouring runners and air risers added. this is the stage where i give it over to the foundry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British army rifleman in battle order , 1916. Bronze version complete at last !   British army rifleman in battle order , 1916. Bronze version complete at last !  

British army rifleman in battle order , 1916. Bronze version complete at last !  

That is totally cool Rob.
    Being an ex Boilmaker I can really relate to your work mate.
    Bronze sculptures in my eye's are one of the most purest of art forms.This guy ozzes emotion.
    Magnificant, you certainly have a talent there .

Felicitations completes et sinceres Rob!!
    You know that realism isn't enough,you add the emotion.Congrats!