Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Crate from Raiders of the Lost Ark

Article about: Taking a look at Panzer 3 threat "My Summer Project" I remembered I had done something a bit close to it. It's a section of the crate as seen on the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark a

?

Default Re: Crate from Raiders of the Lost Ark

Quote by JMM View Post
    Old Harrison Ford - same guy, different hero.
    As to the crate I went the hard way. Drew the letters and eagle, used tracing paper and then painted it on the wood.
    Well worth the effort - I would think it nerve wracking to put a torch to it for the finishing touch though!

Quote by JMM View Post
    Taking a look at Panzer 3 threat "My Summer Project" I remembered I had done something a bit close to it. It's a section of the crate as seen on the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark at the scene when the Ark is on board the ship after the germans had taken it.
    Thats a fantastic job, looks great.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

There were a lot of rubber weapons as well, especially the MG34s, also on the set of Goldeneye a lot of the AKs were plastic, only the ones allocated for firing were blank firers, ones that had to be dropped were fake

JMM
    ?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Well worth the effort - I would think it nerve wracking to put a torch to it for the finishing touch though!
    Yeap - but that's how it has to be. Same thing when you finish a model and then weather it or put mud and dust all over. It's the final job that counts even if you had a hard time modeling / building it

?

Quite.
    I hope you have a prominent place (and room enough) to display it.
    Good thing you didnt choose to build the sub in scale 1/1.
    BTW I remember watching the movie and thinking, that it was stupid to choose a fantasy plane for the scene with Harrison Ford fighting the giant soldier on top of a plane. But then I saw some of the prototype/planned designs on the Luft46 site and changed my mind.
    Of course an anachronistic plane and one which never flew, but not as far off, as I thought.
    (The use of P38 pistols were of course also anachronistic)

JMM
    ?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Quite.
    I hope you have a prominent place (and room enough) to display it.
    Good thing you didnt choose to build the sub in scale 1/1.
    BTW I remember watching the movie and thinking, that it was stupid to choose a fantasy plane for the scene with Harrison Ford fighting the giant soldier on top of a plane. But then I saw some of the prototype/planned designs on the Luft46 site and changed my mind.
    Of course an anachronistic plane and one which never flew, but not as far off, as I thought.
    (The use of P38 pistols were of course also anachronistic)
    Correct. Most people thing that plane really existed others thing it's just an invention from some writer. Actually it's a bit a combination of both (however the plane from the movie never existed, but as you said it's based on real plane projects). As all movies (and Spielberg unfortunately is no exception) Raiders has a number of mistakes but a hell of a movie and one of my all time favourites.

JMM
    ?

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Thats a fantastic job, looks great.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Thank you Nuno

?

Quote by JMM View Post
    Correct. Most people thing that plane really existed others thing it's just an invention from some writer. Actually it's a bit a combination of both (however the plane from the movie never existed, but as you said it's based on real plane projects). As all movies (and Spielberg unfortunately is no exception) Raiders has a number of mistakes but a hell of a movie and one of my all time favourites.
    Yes. Agree to all of the above.....and now you have a link to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2