Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Crate from Raiders of the Lost Ark

Article about: Taking a look at Panzer 3 threat "My Summer Project" I remembered I had done something a bit close to it. It's a section of the crate as seen on the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark a

JMM
    ?

Default Crate from Raiders of the Lost Ark

Taking a look at Panzer 3 threat "My Summer Project" I remembered I had done something a bit close to it. It's a section of the crate as seen on the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark at the scene when the Ark is on board the ship after the germans had taken it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Crate from Raiders of the Lost Ark   Crate from Raiders of the Lost Ark  

Crate from Raiders of the Lost Ark   Crate from Raiders of the Lost Ark  

Default Re: Crate from Raiders of the Lost Ark

I like how you've added the burn mark on the swaz!

A very cool little project. Did you just do it for fun, or do you use it for something?

JMM
    ?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I like how you've added the burn mark on the swaz!

A very cool little project. Did you just do it for fun, or do you use it for something?
    Hi
    Thanks Joe. Yes I tryed to make it look as seen when, at the same scene, the rat runs from the noise and the swaz takes fire. As to your question, movie props is another of my interests

?

This is spooky, I was just reading about my favourite prop from one of the greatest movies of all time (below)!
    You Raiders box is most excellent. Good job. Also a splendid movie BTW.
    If you build the whole box, remember to close your eyes, when you open whats inside....
    Speaking of props: Forget about your light sabres, Pffhhh! This was thought lost for decades, but then turned up some years ago:

Is that pistol from Raiders? I don't remember it. Looks very cool though, I too like film props

And nice work on the box! Did you make a stencil?

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    This is spooky, I was just reading about my favourite prop from one of the greatest movies of all time (below)!
    You Raiders box is most excellent. Good job. Also a splendid movie BTW.
    If you build the whole box, remember to close your eyes, when you open whats inside....
    Speaking of props: Forget about your light sabres, Pffhhh! This was thought lost for decades, but then turned up some years ago:
    thats Rick Deckard's gun from blade runner

?

I remember watching the weapons being made for Fifth Element in the Armourers prop store, talking to Simon Atherton,also some of the weapon conversions for Star Wars

JMM
    ?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Is that pistol from Raiders? I don't remember it. Looks very cool though, I too like film props

And nice work on the box! Did you make a stencil?
    Old Harrison Ford - same guy, different hero.
    As to the crate I went the hard way. Drew the letters and eagle, used tracing paper and then painted it on the wood.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Nope, it isnt.
    Handguns as used in Raiders:
    Smith & Wesson M1917
    Smith & Wesson Mk II Hand Ejector
    Inglis Hi-Power
    Walther P38
    Luger P08
    Mauser C96
    Remington 1875

BTW The prop is made using a Steyr-Mannlicher rifle and a Charter Arms revolver.
    They used the set trigger arrangement of the Steyr, though I doubt both triggers are from the rifle (looks like they retained the original trigger from the/a revolver and then put in a second trigger)

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    I remember watching the weapons being made for Fifth Element in the Armourers prop store, talking to Simon Atherton,also some of the weapon conversions for Star Wars
    Interesting. Loads of nice old guns used as props in SW; Sterlings, MG34s, Mauser C96 etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast