Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Dinky Leopard AA Tank (Gepard).............

Article about: Gents, I threatened to do another restoration job on the Dinky range of die cast Leopard tanks...there were three such die casts, Leopard 1 tank, Leopard AA tank (Gepard) and a Leopard recov

Default Dinky Leopard AA Tank (Gepard).............

Gents, I threatened to do another restoration job on the Dinky range of die cast Leopard tanks...there were three such die casts, Leopard 1 tank, Leopard AA tank (Gepard) and a Leopard recovery tank (Bergpanzer)...this is my second restoration, unfortunatly I did not take a "before" photographs....but it was not as bad as the first one, the Leopoard tank, it just needed flatting down and repainting with further parts aerials etc added, as was a decal sheet...however when bought one of the AA gun barrels was missing (common fault) so I sourced a replacement part, shown.....it will do, but sadly not 100% ! I will try to source an original from a damaged/donar toy. Now for the recovery tank................For further information on the "Gepard" Flakpanzer see here Flakpanzer Gepard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and this video is outstanding !
    Flugabwehrpanzer Gepard - YouTube the music is good too !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI5859.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	212.9 KB 
ID:	534320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI5857.jpg 
Views:	1445 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	534321  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI5861.jpg 
Views:	879 
Size:	209.2 KB 
ID:	534322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI5858.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	205.8 KB 
ID:	534324  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI5755.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	534323  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Default Re: Dinky Leopard AA Tank (Gepard).............

Thats a beauty Steve! Good work!

The Leopard is such an amazing tank, I remember admiring their prowess when on excercise in Germany in the 80's!

However I always thought our Chieftains had the edge

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Thats a beauty Steve! Good work!
    The Leopard is such an amazing tank. However I always thought our Chieftains had the edge
    Nick
    Nick...the Chieftain was certainly a great tank, but I will have to be biased ! Just as would choose a Mercedes Benz over a Rover.... lol
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."

?

Very cool!

?

Good job Steve!

I am very curious though - where does one begin to look for a spare anti aircraft gun barrel for a Dinky Leopard tank? Are there sellers of such spares?

Hi thanks for the comments Gents......Adrian, here model-supplies.co.uk ..............and there are others to !
    Prost ! Steve.