Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Dinky Leopard AA Tank (Gepard).............

Article about: Gents, I threatened to do another restoration job on the Dinky range of die cast Leopard tanks...there were three such die casts, Leopard 1 tank, Leopard AA tank (Gepard) and a Leopard recov

Default Dinky Leopard AA Tank (Gepard).............

Gents, I threatened to do another restoration job on the Dinky range of die cast Leopard tanks...there were three such die casts, Leopard 1 tank, Leopard AA tank (Gepard) and a Leopard recovery tank (Bergpanzer)...this is my second restoration, unfortunatly I did not take a "before" photographs....but it was not as bad as the first one, the Leopoard tank, it just needed flatting down and repainting with further parts aerials etc added, as was a decal sheet...however when bought one of the AA gun barrels was missing (common fault) so I sourced a replacement part, shown.....it will do, but sadly not 100% ! I will try to source an original from a damaged/donar toy. Now for the recovery tank................For further information on the "Gepard" Flakpanzer see here Flakpanzer Gepard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and this video is outstanding !
    Flugabwehrpanzer Gepard - YouTube the music is good too !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dinky Leopard AA Tank (Gepard).............   Dinky Leopard AA Tank (Gepard).............  

Dinky Leopard AA Tank (Gepard).............   Dinky Leopard AA Tank (Gepard).............  

Dinky Leopard AA Tank (Gepard).............  

Default Re: Dinky Leopard AA Tank (Gepard).............

Thats a beauty Steve! Good work!

The Leopard is such an amazing tank, I remember admiring their prowess when on excercise in Germany in the 80's!

However I always thought our Chieftains had the edge

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Thats a beauty Steve! Good work!
    The Leopard is such an amazing tank. However I always thought our Chieftains had the edge
    Nick
    Nick...the Chieftain was certainly a great tank, but I will have to be biased ! Just as would choose a Mercedes Benz over a Rover.... lol
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Very cool!

?

Good job Steve!

I am very curious though - where does one begin to look for a spare anti aircraft gun barrel for a Dinky Leopard tank? Are there sellers of such spares?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi thanks for the comments Gents......Adrian, here model-supplies.co.uk ..............and there are others to !
    Prost ! Steve.