Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235

Article about: Hello everyone, here is another of my old 1:72 scale kit, it is a F4S Phantom II of Marine Corps, it belonged to VMFA-235 "Death Angels", tail code DB. The paint scheme is that of

Default F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235

Hello everyone,
    here is another of my old 1:72 scale kit, it is a F4S Phantom II of Marine Corps, it belonged to VMFA-235 "Death Angels", tail code DB.
    The paint scheme is that of the 80s, the configuration is that for interception, armed with AIM9 Sidewinder and AIM7 Sparrow.
    Nothing special but enough details.

Regards
    Roberto

F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235

Nice
    In 1965-67, I lived just 2 miles from the Marine Air base in Yuma Az. They flew Phantoms out of there
    morning, noon and night. Back in those days, they were still allowed to break the sound barrier over
    the city. My mother was often picking up knick-knacks that had been rattled off the shelves. As a 10
    year old kid, I thought it was cool as hell.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

One of my favorite jets. I just love the design. Nothing pretty about it, just "raw" and "mean" looking.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi guys,
    I realized that to you like this mythical aircraft, you encouraged me to give a little companionship to our F4S, and I would show you other F4 of my old collection survived until today; they are all in 1:72 scale built on Hasegawa model kit, which at the time was the best on the market, in my opinion.
    PS:because at home I could not use the airbrush, they have been entirely hand-painted with the brush!!

Thanks for looking!
    Roberto

F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235

F4G "Wild Weasel" USAF-37 TFW
    F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235

RF4E Luftwaffe-AKG 51

F4E Missouri ANG-131 TFW; "anniversary example"

Good ol' Phantom, my favourite cold war NATO jet!....

Nicely done.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Very Nice Roberto,
    You did a great job with the details on those

Like Greg had mentioned, We had F4's stationed here at MCAS Yuma. They were here until the late 80's.. They were part of the Marine Fighter pilot training squadron VMFAT 101. They moved to MCAS El Toro when the switched over to the F/A 18's and after El Toro shut down they moved to MCAS Miramar. Another jet that would make your teeth rattle when they took off. Those GE J79 engines could ROAR!!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Phil I can imagine the roar of the GE J79, I remember it well, and already in single version it caused a lot of noise and smoke, because it was used to power the F104 Starfighter used by 'Italian Air Force until about 15 years ago.
    But even the old 104 accelerates to be frightening.

Regards
    Roberto

?

We also had the J79 in a single configuration when I worked on the VMFT 401's Israeli Kfirs back in the 87-90's time frame in Yuma. It was the fastest single engine aircraft in the Navy inventory until the F16N came out..
    F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235

It was a bat out of hell fast

Semper Fi
    Phil

awesome scale model's Roberto and superb detailing ,the F4 was and still is a firm favorite of mine too took these picture a few month's back at RAF Cosford here in the UK F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235F4S-Phantom II VMFA-235

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast