Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Favourite model manufacturer/scale?

Article about: Just out of interest gents... 3 questions: 1. Which company is your favourite model manufacturer? 2. Why do you rate them the best? 3. What is your preferred scale?

?

Default Favourite model manufacturer/scale?

Just out of interest gents...

3 questions:

1. Which company is your favourite model manufacturer?

2. Why do you rate them the best?

3. What is your preferred scale?

?

Default Re: Favourite model manufacturer/scale?

1. Tamyia.

2. Easy to follow instructions, good quality mouldings, easy to fit together, good details, enjoyable to build, good box art too.

3. 1/35. Big enough to see fine details and small enough to forgive my lack of painting skills.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Tamiya 1/35th scale... I like the detail and the extra parts. Over the years the parts box grew which served me well with building dioramas,,,and modifying some vehicles. Regards Larry

Monogram 1/32 scale a close 2nd
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I must admit I am with Adrian for the same reason, (when I used to model many moons ago) but again the Verlinden models were just coming in then and some of them were very good
    Ben

?

I have to admit there is a lot of nostalgia there too.

Going to Beatties model shop in Southampton on a Saturday with my paper round money and having to choose which kit to buy. Had to be German but which one?

Sitting at the kitchen table in front of the Aga painting and gluing or maybe on the floor in my bedroom with a Duran Duran or T'Pau cassette or record on.

Great memories.

Great music.............. ahem............

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Duran Duran?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Duran Duran?
    No Larry, not that guy....

Favourite model manufacturer/scale?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Well for me i started with 1/72nd Airfix aircraft ,then 1/35th Tamiya figures and vehicles , now i'm into Dragon models and recently Master Box , the detail on these are xtremely realistic in their poses and not to be morbid but the one thing that has always been lacking in figures was wounded or dead poses , Master Box seem to have filled that gap in realism , i've always thought that dioramas were never fully complete by not portraying that feature and there was nothing worse than cutting up good frigures to make them ,plus they never looked realistic ,also the facial features on Master Box figures is excellent

I have experimented with a hot xacto knife when creating wounds of disfiguring. That seems to work well insted of just shaving off with the knife the excess plastic

Verlinden gets my vote.
    I like the 120 mm figures due to the amount of detail that you are able to achieve. They also make some good 1/35th figures. Crews as well as wounded and dead. Also lots of extra kit for dioramas.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast