MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A Fokker DR 1 I am building

Article about: I am attempting to build this plane from scratch,so we will see how it turns out.It has a 25" wing span....Pete.

?

Default A Fokker DR 1 I am building

I am attempting to build this plane from scratch,so we will see how it turns out.It has a 25" wing span....Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Fokker DR 1 I am building   A Fokker DR 1 I am building  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

Some nice craftsmanship showing here. A neat project indeed! Keep us updated. Are you gonna go the usual route and paint it red?

?

Thanks Nathan,yes it will probably be red.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Go with Werner Voss and paint it sky blue with the stripes and the mustachioed face on the cowl?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Pete, it's looking very nice (wish I talent in this direction) - I have a link somewhere showing a handbuilt prop for a model - trying to desperately find it...give me a little while.

I do however have some information pertaining to Voss' Dr1 - I tend to agree with William - the red has been done to death.

Voss: Triplane Color

Found it - while it looks specifically at the Camel - have a look at the prop!

1/16 Sopwith Camel - Work in Progress - Aircraft - Britmodeller.com

Cheers
    Tim

About a year ago there were some suicide bombings in Volgograd, where I was living. As it was around the holidays, everyone was too depressed (and rightly so) to go out or do anything. It also happened to correspond with a work holiday. So, I was at home for 12 days with just about nothing to do. But, I had some super glue, cardboard, bottle caps about about 200 toothpicks...

It should be noted that Vodka was my main source of nutrition during this time.

?

Those look great FB,I have also sought inspiration from Vodka on occasion.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Quote by Allegra View Post
    Pete, it's looking very nice (wish I talent in this direction) - I have a link somewhere showing a handbuilt prop for a model - trying to desperately find it...give me a little while.

I do however have some information pertaining to Voss' Dr1 - I tend to agree with William - the red has been done to death.

Voss: Triplane Color

Found it - while it looks specifically at the Camel - have a look at the prop!

1/16 Sopwith Camel - Work in Progress - Aircraft - Britmodeller.com

Cheers
    Tim
    Hi Tim,thanks for the link,I am just going to cheat and go to the hobby shop and buy a 10" prop for the finished model,I am building the plane for a friend of mine whose wife will be painting it,sort of a community project....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

it will never fly the props the wrong shape. lol-------great job.

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Hi Tim,thanks for the link,I am just going to cheat and go to the hobby shop and buy a 10" prop for the finished model...Pete.
    Yep, that'll work as well!

Cheers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast