Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

HO/OO wargaming model

Article about: While digging around in a hobby store I came across a bagged kit of a T72 kit. The kit is from a company that was called Petners Panzers and came with a simple sheet of wargaming instruction

?

Default HO/OO wargaming model

While digging around in a hobby store I came across a bagged kit of a T72 kit. The kit is from a company that was called Petners Panzers and came with a simple sheet of wargaming instructions. After a bit of research I found it was also sold under the ROCO Minitanks brand although I'm not sure which came first.

A simple kit as most wargaming kits are it came with road wheels and track molded as one piece and was the first problem I encountered, as whoever bagged the kit packed 2 left sides! Being 1/87th scale a little surgery and a styrene block on the back of one of the lefts and I had the hull built.

As for the turret it came without all the search/spot lights it should have so a little shaping and shaving of some sprue gave me a light for the main gun. The dust cover for the main gun is white glue built up in layers, I tried to do a little shaping with a tooth pick. Also had to scratch build the commanders turret hatch, just a little sheet styrene sanded to shape and I was happy.

That just left painting, a pin wash and a bit of dry brushing to make things pop and I was done.

This was the first Soviet tank model I have built, (I'm a German armor builder and also like submarines) so I'm sure mistakes abound, still I had a very enjoyable weekend.

HO/OO wargaming model
    HO/OO wargaming model
    HO/OO wargaming model

The wargame instruction sheet that came in the bag.
    HO/OO wargaming model

Default Re: HO/OO wargaming model

It turned out great good job.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

looks good to me.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

nice work.