Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Horsa glider

Article about: Hi Here,s a Horsa glider i build from a kit back in 07, quite a good model to do and a pic of a reproduction one i saw in Normany. Annoyed from this ads?   Dave.

Default Horsa glider

Hi
    Here,s a Horsa glider i build from a kit back in 07, quite a good model to do and a pic of a reproduction one i saw in Normany.
    Dave.Horsa gliderHorsa glider

?

Did you know that in Devon the Cobatton museum has a big section of a Horsa glider used in the film A bridge too far!!..Nice to look into.Also an excellent made model,I'm crap at making them so I kind of gave up in the 70's lol. Cheers Terry.

great model dave now its daft question time of all the period referance photographs of these gliders in use the majority seem to have broken in half across the fuselage ,was this a common fault on landing or was it a deliberate? cheers james
    Last edited by James C; 12-11-2014 at 08:26 PM.

Hi James,
    Im not to sure but i think it was a design fault, as when the first ones landed at Pegasus bridge one broke in half and the first man to die was thrown into the marsh and drowned. The other stayed intact, Many yrs after the war some men found the body of the Brengun the soldier was carrying it is in the Pegasus museum. Im sure they were only made of wood and plywood but did the job.
    Dave.

Default Horsa Pics

These are pics i took at Pegasus museum of the HHorsa gliderHorsa gliderorsa glider, quite a big aircraft really.
    Dave.

?

Quote by James C View Post
    of all the period referance photographs of these gliders in use the majority seem to have broken in half across the fuselage ,was this a common fault on landing or was it a deliberate?
    It was part of the design to allow for rapid deployment.

Horsa glider

Airspeed Horsa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi Duska
    Nice one thanks for telling us
    Dave.

yes thank you duska ive learned something new great interior shots of the glider dave ,ive never seen the layout before cheers james

and i always wondered why these are always broken in two... thanks for the input in my ww2 knowledge!!!