Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ju 52

Article about: I would like to visit Crete at some stage, particularly Heraklion, I imagine it to be a fascinating place.

Default Ju 52

G'day all, here are a few pics of my model JU 52, I love these planes, there is just something about them. Cheers, Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ju 52   Ju 52  

Ju 52  

Default Re: Ju 52

very nice there wonderful planes always look good good way of display i use similar

tom

Cheers Tom.

Good work !! I always found the JU52 difficult to make !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

You must find it rather annoying doing anything in that room with the constant propwash all the time Nicely done model good eye for detail.

Regards Mark K

?

Super model Dave, and I agree with you. JU-52's are wonderful aircraft, it would be fantastic to fly in one.

Regards,

Carl

Nice work I think I admire this aircraft for the fact it looks like it was thrown together during a drunken 'LET'S BUILD A PLANE !!!!!' party one night, and yet gave stirling service during the war.

Steve T

Quote by carltiger View Post
    Super model Dave, and I agree with you. JU-52's are wonderful aircraft, it would be fantastic to fly in one.

Regards,

Carl
    Hi Guys,

Whilst never having the wonderful oppurtunity of flying in a Ju52/3, I have been fortunate to have been in, on and around a license built Spanish CASA 352 which is virtually the same, many times. The Aerospace Museum at RAF Cosford has a fine example in British Airways markings, and as a member, I regularly worked on and cleaned the aircraft. The corrugated skinning on the aircraft is fascinating, it's so strong!

An interesting thing about the aircraft is how they synchronised the engines on start up. If you look carefully on the (opened) starboard engine nacelle in the pic below you can see a round mirror , about 5" wide, that is angled slightly forward so that when the pilot looks at it, he can see the spinning prop of the central engine and synchronise the starboard prop to the same speed by eye, not rev counter!! The port engine is the same, a simple and very clever way of avoiding the use of dials, electrical wiring or pressurised hoses, all of which can easily fail and require regular maintainance, that's German engineering for you!!

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ju 52  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Fascinating stuff Ned, thanks for sharing that with us. Great that you had the opportunity to go aboard the aircraft, and working on it you were able to examine it closely too...what a bonus! I was very lucky in that I was able to go aboard U-534 before she was broken up for "display purposes", and the several occasions that I did this remain some of the best experiences I have ever had with WWII related museums etc. The opportunity to view these machines so closely is fantastic, and not to be missed.

Regards,

Carl

?

A few yrs back there used to be one at North Weald which I understand was the one used in Where Eagles Dare, it was in full Luftwaffe snow colour camo, i never saw it fly from there but you could see it from the M11 and across the airfield on market days, i think it belonged to a company called Aces High, we get many WWII aircraft fly from there but recently weve had a Vampire flying around

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast