Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A little Diorama that got out of hand :D

Article about: A great diorama! I wish I had the space! I would create a Bomber Command airfield!! Nick

Default A little Diorama that got out of hand :D

Hey guys

Been a while since I posted pictures of my diorama and it has continued growing.

It started with a bit of MDF screwed to a wooden frame. I then landscaped it with papier mache, chicken wire, bits of off cut wood and artificial grass and what not, (the kind that that model railwayers use). I placed a 1/35th Sherman at one end and an 88mm at the other and left it at that. Then I bought some buildings. Then various soldiers. Then a Churchill, and to even it up on the 'German' side, a Panzer IV. Then a Cromwell caught my eye so this was added, along with a Tiger and, about a week later, a Panther. Next came a Jeep and a German motorbike (whenever I bought something for one side, I had to get something for the other to even it up ).

Then I got really carried away and added a quad 20mm on top of the hill, an MG42 team at the base of the hill and a German field kitchen.

Then it got TOTALLY carried away and I added tank traps, bushes and telegraph poles and even strung wire between them !

Now it got EXTREMELY silly because I suddenly had a brain wave about how to manufacture my own 'to scale' barbed wire so made a load of it and made barb wire entanglements along the ridge.

And finally, or so I thought, about a month ago, I added an amphibious Jeep and a Kubelwagon.

Then things got totally off the scale when I added real brass scale models of 88mm and 75mm tank ammo and loads of small arms weapons

All in all it has taken 2 years to get to the stage it is currently at and it has totally taken over the garage

Every single item has been made from 1/35th kits (mainly Tamiya) and everything, even down to the brickwork on the buildings, has been painted, (very painstakingly in some cases), by me.

Hope you like it

Steve T
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little Diorama that got out of hand :D   A little Diorama that got out of hand :D  

A little Diorama that got out of hand :D   A little Diorama that got out of hand :D  

A little Diorama that got out of hand :D   A little Diorama that got out of hand :D  

A little Diorama that got out of hand :D  

?

Default Re: A little Diorama that got out of hand :D

Steve that is awsome one of these days i'm going to build one of these. Gary

?

Great job,wish I had that much patience and talent.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hi steve,
    It has grown since we saw it last and looking good, it seems t be taking over your garage. It will be a full scale battle at the end of the day.
    dave.

Exellent job!! Congratulation..
    expecially in the details...amazing
    I tried one time to build an airplane but after 2 hours it literally flown away...from my window!!!

steve great job mate that looks minted

?

Hi Steve! I think this is outstanding. Well done and thanks for showing it. I hope you continue to add to it and please keep posting pics

Thanks guys

You have inspired me to take a trip down to the model shop.

All I have to do now is buy the wife a bunch of flowers so I can get a nice tank or two in exchange

Steve T

looks great, very nice job you've done
    Thanks

Danny

Looking good,great job on the "88"
    Cheers,
    Jason

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast