MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mig 19

Article about: Morning everyone, here is a Soviet supersonic jet protagonist of the Cold War, it is the model I built in the first 80s using an old assembly box provided by the then Czechoslovakia whose na

Default Mig 19

Morning everyone,
    here is a Soviet supersonic jet protagonist of the Cold War, it is the model I built in the first 80s using an old assembly box provided by the then Czechoslovakia whose name I do not remember; the components available were not of great quality, but I tried to do my best to improve it, and here is what I managed to achieve.
    If I remember correctly it is the MIG 19 "S" version, NATO code "Farmer C", in this example armed with two 30 mm "NR 30" cannons and two ORI-57K rockets pods.
    Just a small memory for me, that I wanted to share.

Thanks for looking
    Roberto

Mig 19Mig 19Mig 19Mig 19Mig 19Mig 19

Nicely done.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Nicely done.
    Thank you very much.

Very nice model. Have you ever seen cold war Soviet aircraft in the flesh and close up? the build quality is terrible and they look as rough as hell!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Very nice model. Have you ever seen cold war Soviet aircraft in the flesh and close up? the build quality is terrible and they look as rough as hell!...
    Thanks Paul, it is true what you say about the construction characteristics of Soviet combat aircraft, certainly "essential" but still perform well their function.
    Yes, I have had the opportunity to see them closely and document well on the subject, here are some examples I photographed, along with many others, about twenty years ago.
    In these two photos are visible various Mig: 17-21-27.

Regards
    Roberto

Mig 19Mig 19

Very cool! My uncle flew Hunters and Shackletons in the Royal Air Force and South African Air Force. He also had a chance to fly Mig 17 and 19 as a mercenary! I don't know what country for.
    He said that they were 'agricultural' to fly, but very powerful!
    nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Very cool! My uncle flew Hunters and Shackletons in the Royal Air Force and South African Air Force. He also had a chance to fly Mig 17 and 19 as a mercenary! I don't know what country for.
    He said that they were 'agricultural' to fly, but very powerful!
    nick
    Thanks Nick,
    a pleasure to read this, I remember very well the aircraft of the South African Air Force and Royal Air Force, in particular the Hawker Hunter, an excellent powerfully armed aircraft with its four 30mm Aden guns!!
    In fact, the fighter series Mig15/19 were really rustic, but effective for the manageability and the powerful weaponry installed; of this thing the US pilots realized during the Korean War when they met the first Mig15, to restore the equilibrium they had to wait for the arrival of new F86 Sabre; interesting this video that recalls these jet fighting:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsGREOUphOM

Regards
    Roberto
    Last edited by OldSteel; 02-17-2018 at 07:37 PM. Reason: correct word

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Not Soviet, but I have seen dozens and dozens of the Chinese versions......

Mig 19Mig 19Mig 19Mig 19Mig 19Mig 19Mig 19Mig 19Mig 19
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Michael for sharing, a rich documentation and beautiful photos.

Morning to all,
    if I can add more to this interesting discussion, after studying the nice photos kindly added by Michael, you can see some important variations of the Mig19 developed locally after the splitting of China from the Soviet Communist bloc, and I think I'm not wrong.
    In the photos N 2 and 3 are visible the Chinese copies of the Mig19S named Shenyang J-6, with reinforced armament with three guns, in different versions identifiable for the different shapes of the air intake and for the possible presence of the radar .
    In photo N 5 is instead visible the variant "Close Air Support" called Nanchang Q-5 (NATO code "Fantan"), to which the air intakes have been moved on the sides to make room for the radar, which had been foreseen in the original project.
    I have noticed with pleasure that this topic has been of interest, for this I would like to share some small equipment used by Soviet pilots on this model of aircraft, which I have in my collection and I hope it is interesting for you.

Regards
    Roberto

Mig 19Mig 19Mig 19Mig 19Mig 19Mig 19

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast