Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My grandfather's tank destroyer

Article about: My son who is 12 is getting into modeling which makes me happy as I enjoyed the wonderful hobby as a youth. And as I started helping him I wondered why I ever stopped. We'll after an absents

You've done a fantastic job on the weathering and the worn paint on the footplate. This is really a superb job. Well done!
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    You've done a fantastic job on the weathering and the worn paint on the footplate. This is really a superb job. Well done!
    I'll second that, great work!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

?

Great attention to detail on that one. I agree with the others with your talent with the weathering effects.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Yes , well done from me too Marty , those close up photos look remarkably realistic ...and great to be building it with your son , thats the best !!
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Excellent detail. Can't wait for my son to get a bit older so we can build models together. It seems many kids today lack the patience, or interest for that matter. Thankfully, there are still specialty hobby stores as the major toy retailers don't carry models anymore.

Thank you again very much, it is away again to honor my grandfather and his service to our GREAT COUNTRY! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!! Question I plan to dust the model and possibly add mud to the tracks, should I just leave it as is? Oh, and for the 50cal. Missing from the TD, my wife's cat not my cat picked it up from the table and I have not been able to find it. #{*{^>|€ cat!!!! Marty
    Last edited by tank destroyer; 07-04-2014 at 02:58 AM.

He will poop it out I bet... Gives a new meaning to ma deuce. I bet you can find a really nice resin replacement online!

A fantastic job..and a wonderful way for the youth to begin their journey in the study of history. I started out the same way..and was always intrigued by the Ardennes offensive. The tanks and the locations all throughout western Europe. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Tamiya make a 1/35 US WW2 weapons set that includes a couple of .50 cals and a variety of other things like the 60mm mortar, flame thower, bazooka etc-a cheap set to buy and good for adding background.

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Thank you again very much, it is away again to honor my grandfather and his service to our GREAT COUNTRY! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!! Question I plan to dust the model and possibly add mud to the tracks, should I just leave it as is? Oh, and for the 50cal. Missing from the TD, my wife's cat not my cat picked it up from the table and I have not been able to find it. #{*{^>|€ cat!!!! Marty
    Marty, your wife doesn't own a cat. People own dogs, but no-one owns a cat. Cats do as they please, whereas a dog does as its told.
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast