Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

my 'Lady Be Good' diorama - B24 Liberator

Article about: by StefanM I lived in Libya between 1962 and 1967 and there was a lot of this WW2 "junk" lying around in the desert at almost every turn. A friend of my late father's shipped a tot

Quote by StefanM View Post
    I lived in Libya between 1962 and 1967 and there was a lot of this WW2 "junk" lying around in the desert at almost every turn. A friend of my late father's shipped a totally complete and drivable Kubelwagon in desert paint back to the UK as part of his officers shipping allowance...just before we were all booted out of the country shortly after the Six Day War.
    And the kubel ended up....... where?
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

?

I lived in Libya between 1962 and 1967 and there was a lot of this WW2 "junk" lying around in the desert at almost every turn. A friend of my late father's shipped a totally complete and drivable Kubelwagon in desert paint back to the UK as part of his officers shipping allowance...just before we were all booted out of the country shortly after the Six Day War.
    Great that it was saved instead of suffering the fate of the 'Lady Be Good.'

Quote by Danmark View Post
    And the kubel ended up....... where?
    No idea, it is probably still here somewhere in the UK. The regiment was 5DG so based at that time at the home of the RAC at Bovington camp just across the from the tank museum.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Great that it was saved instead of suffering the fate of the 'Lady Be Good.'
    My younger brother and I had quite a collection of WWII "junk" from German helmets to machine-gun relics which we had to leave behind....no room in the two suitcases each person (civilian) was allowed to leave Libya with.
    Last edited by StefanM; 01-07-2014 at 05:15 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

My younger brother and I had quite a collection of WWII "junk" from German helmets to machine-gun relics which we had to leave behind....no room in the two suitcases each person (civilian) was allowed to leave Libya with.
    Howl!!

Great model from 30 years ago! nice idea too, dremelling the plastic down to a bendable thickness.

Fantastic display !

Thank you for posting.

Cheers!
    Taka

Very cool model!....
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Quote by Scout View Post
    Howl!!
    I suspect there is still much to be found in Cyrenaica as the country was still pretty much closed to tourists.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Great work Dan !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast