Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

my 'Lady Be Good' diorama - B24 Liberator

Article about: by StefanM I lived in Libya between 1962 and 1967 and there was a lot of this WW2 "junk" lying around in the desert at almost every turn. A friend of my late father's shipped a tot

Default my 'Lady Be Good' diorama - B24 Liberator

The plane itself needs no introduction - but here is a diorama of her ( as first found ) done by yours truly about 30 years back.
    I actually never finished it - it is missing the ailerons that would have been scratch built with ripped fabric - and while cleaning out some boxes recently I found several models I ( thankfully ) never had the heart to throw out.

It was a 1/72 Monogram kit from memory that had a lot of work put into it dremelling the plastic thin enough to warp it like buckled aluminum and gluing tissue paper onto torn rudders and de-icing boots on the wing leading edges ..... I must have had time on my hands ( and good eyes ) back then!!!

Hope you like the lady - cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my 'Lady Be Good' diorama - B24 Liberator   my 'Lady Be Good' diorama - B24 Liberator  

my 'Lady Be Good' diorama - B24 Liberator   my 'Lady Be Good' diorama - B24 Liberator  

my 'Lady Be Good' diorama - B24 Liberator   my 'Lady Be Good' diorama - B24 Liberator  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Very nice .
    Thanks for sharing.

well done mate and lots of hard work......

Ez
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

This diorama reminded me of the pics of the now ruined plane with ripped fuselage in a yard in Libya.
    Heartbreaking considering the excellent condition in which it was found in the desert.

?

Great job

Absolutely correct Scout - the souvenir hunters and everyone that visited the wreck from 1959 to 1994 must have hacked off something - this is what now remains ........ sad!

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my 'Lady Be Good' diorama - B24 Liberator  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

A depressing sight.

and theres still 1 man missing.

I lived in Libya between 1962 and 1967 and there was a lot of this WW2 "junk" lying around in the desert at almost every turn. A friend of my late father's shipped a totally complete and drivable Kubelwagon in desert paint back to the UK as part of his officers shipping allowance...just before we were all booted out of the country shortly after the Six Day War.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Dan, that's a great looking model mate! Fantastic effort, well done cobber.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast