Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My Stalingrad Shortlisted sculpture for the Threadneedle Prize , Mall galleries , 26th Sept

Article about: by Danmark All of the above comments and more Rob - are they life ( or should I say death ) size?? Dan Judging by the cinderblock wall in the first few photos they look to be about 15- 20 in

Default Re: My Stalingrad Shortlisted sculpture for the Threadneedle Prize , Mall galleries , 26th Sept

Quote by Danmark View Post
    All of the above comments and more Rob - are they life ( or should I say death ) size??
    Dan
    Judging by the cinderblock wall in the first few photos they look to be about 15- 20 inches in height?? How do you pack these up for travelng to other shows and museums? They look very delicate! Larry

Default Re: My Stalingrad Shortlisted sculpture for the Threadneedle Prize , Mall galleries , 26th Sept

Are these located in the "Mall Galleries" near Charing Cross? Let me know, I have 1 day (today) left in London and I'd love to check these out and leave my vote for you before I leave...

Sorry the exhibition starts on the 26th September . The work is in Winchester at the moment . Yes they are around 15 inches in height , 3 metres in length

Mate that is a magnificent sculpture, you've really captured the despair, anguish, suffering and intense cold, everything these broken men went through in this defeat. Great work, you'd have my vote if I could give it.

Hi Rob
    Cant think of anymore comments but agree with all before me. Makes me cold even looking at it.

Martin

Brilliant idea , and brilliantly exicuted , for those of us who the story behind the piece you are the winner Rob , well done , cheers Raymond

Here are some more detail photos . Im still adding material to increase the volume of the coats . The officer i shortened and added a tilt to the head with upturned collar . i think hes more real now .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1507.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	218.6 KB 
ID:	373327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1462.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	373328  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1460.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	373329   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1224.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	373330  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1465.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	373331  

Hi Guys, at the weekend there was a special event held in London to commemorate the 70th Anniversary of the Victory at Stalingrad.

Several members of 2nd Guards took part, including our very own Rob.

He can be seen here on the Russian Embassy website discussing his work:

Sculptor Robert Truscott presents his work at the Stalingrad battle 70th anniversary event

Well done Rob!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Well made art work IMO.

I just watched the clip from Ade...well done explanation of the piece. I still can't get over how haunting the work is.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast