Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer 1 Ausf A Early production, Spanish civil war.

Article about: Hi, Another Panzer 1 this time the Ausf A early production by Tristar I did quite a lot of extra detailing work on this model including adding all the weld seams to the hull and turret with

Default Panzer 1 Ausf A Early production, Spanish civil war.

Hi, Another Panzer 1 this time the Ausf A early production by Tristar I did quite a lot of extra detailing work on this model including adding all the weld seams to the hull and turret with A pyrogravure. I decided to paint it in colours and markings for one serving in Spain during the Spanish civil war as you don't see many done for this early campaign it was quite hard airbrushing the camo on such a small model and it was a pig to do some of the details as they had to be scratch built but worth it in the end. The aftermarket clear lenses in the lights add a nice touch of realism I think, lovely little kit that is out of production now.
    Cheers, Andy.
    Panzer 1 Ausf A Early production, Spanish civil war.Panzer 1 Ausf A Early production, Spanish civil war.Panzer 1 Ausf A Early production, Spanish civil war.Panzer 1 Ausf A Early production, Spanish civil war.Panzer 1 Ausf A Early production, Spanish civil war.

?

My first Panzer model was a #1.
    It sure did not look as good as yours!! Mine went out in a blast of allied flame thrower(Charcoal fluid) when I was younger!!! Then I moved on to aviation, Yeah that B-17 went down in flames and firecracker!!!!
    You did an amazing on the very fine detail.
    Excellent job
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Remember doing the same Phil (firecrackers and turpentine)

Andy: Another great model!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah me and my brother were just like you guys we built lots of Airfix planes then strung them up in the bedroom but when we got bored with them we would hang them off a tree in the back yard and shoot them down with our Air rifles, those were the days!
    Andy.

Sextant (or S-Model as they're sometimes called) make a series of Mk Is of various models including Spanish Civil War examples at the 1/72 scale-prebuilt and painted with incredibly fine details for such tiny models.

Another fine model Andy, very nicely finished.
    Nick