MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Panzer Crewman

Article about: As some of you will already know, my father was a Panzer crewman in the 16th Panzer Div. He was a loader. You can see more info here, Documentation - Page 3 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria

Default Panzer Crewman

As some of you will already know, my father was a Panzer crewman in the 16th Panzer Div. He was a loader. You can see more info here, Documentation - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

My father passed away in 1985 at the age of 59. After this I was given any photos and information that were left with my mother. I was also given his medals. A few years after his passing, I met a fellow at the local flea market that painted figures and made dioramas. He eventually became a very good friend of mine. I inquired as to what Panzer figures were available on the market. He informed me that Verlinden offered a 120 mm figure of a panzer crewman, loader. I knew that I had to have it. At this time I was not building any models. I asked him if he would be willing to aquire, assemble and paint this figure for me. He said that he would be happy to do this. I told him that I would make the base and do the diorama.
    I have decided to share this with you.
    The base is made from 2" black walnut and 2" bird's eye maple. Most of my bases are made to fit a clock dome on. My friend painted the figure and I made the medals from brass sheet, and put the leather belt and binocular strap on.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Crewman   Panzer Crewman  

Last edited by rbminis; 05-27-2015 at 05:16 AM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default Re: Panzer Crewman

I made the flooring and made the table from scratch from black walnut. The photo is cut from a reprint of my parents wedding photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Crewman   Panzer Crewman  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I engraved a TR eagle in brass and inlaid it into the top of the table just to see if I could.
    I also had a plate engraved for the base.
    Since I have a photo of him wearing both hats, I purchased another head and removed the head from the visor. I scratch built the leather chinstrap and buckles and insignia.

Panzer Crewman  

I made a special shelf for it and this is where it resides in my house.
    I hope you like it.
    Ralph.

You both did a great job very cool love the detail and how you displayed it too. A very nice tribute to your father.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thank you Eric.
    Ralph.

Great display, nice job!!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

A magnificant and fitting tribute mate,well done.

Wonderful model and a great way to honour your late fathers memory.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Outstanding work, your father would be very proud !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast