Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

PanzerIV H work in progress

Article about: by Alan Goodyear Thats the worst bit!! arrghhhh memories @ 1/72nd lol Airfix OO/HO scale Churchill tank........ 22 road wheels + 4 side plates = The very first model kit that I had bought fo

Default Re: PanzerIV H work in progress

What scale is it? My current one is 1/72. It was the revel kit. I bought a seperate set of metal parts, and it looks the business. There's nothing worse than a bad neck mine constantly is in discomfort. Leaning over to make models puts a huge strain on that area. Just don't do yourself any further damage

scharnhorst is 1/350 scale and my neck was operated on in feb followed by 4 months of antibiotics for a chronic infection that was supposed to have killed me lol i now munch my pain pills do physio and just got a tens machine which i highly reccommend

part4 building and adding the hull parts now upto 201 lol in thisseries iv constructed the hull sections and added them and iv also included oa pic of all the tools i used to get to this point
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PanzerIV H work in progress   PanzerIV H work in progress  

PanzerIV H work in progress   PanzerIV H work in progress  

Definately taking shape now.

Are you putting the tracks on the sprockets and wheels before you glue the roof on? I think you said that the tracks were individual links, so it would be pretty tricky doing it with these two main pieces atuck together.

Looks a lovely kit

the hulls attached now so yeah ill be doing tracks next ill put pics of it as i proceed so u can see the easy way of doing it lol

Step by step. This it the bit I hated about seperate links. Hasegawa always had nice rubber ones :~) So that made things easy. My hands tend to shake a lot too, and it's not with alcohol. I always have to rest my wrists on something or else I'd place items incorrectly or make a mess with the paints.

well alan ul be happy to see the easy build on separate links plus you can also have track slack instead of the dreaded supertight laggy band finish

ok for the tracks heres the easy way , in this case make sure you have the right sides links first lol then start glueing them in segments of 10 with good old fashioned poly cement i used mek my poly had dried up sadly . then when you have approxiamtely 90 links you can begin attaching them starting with the front drive sprocket and working backward to the rear idler from the top teasing them with toothpicks to create sag ( better results with poly cement than mek as its still pliant at this time) then once you reach the rear idler wheel begin at the front again working backwards with the ground section this will take you back as far as the rear wheels and then you can measure the final set of links and place them into the final gap in this case it was 11 links as i said before if you do this all in one go the links will remain pliable and your finish should be satisfieng as you ca nadjust them as your working to get a good fit .i enclose a few pics from the right side of the set todat and more of the actual process later as the shots wernt too good hope this helps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PanzerIV H work in progress   PanzerIV H work in progress  

Did the same kit 2yrs ago links drove me nuts had glue every place but on the tracks yours is shaping up fine good luck and post pics later.

cheers ez youy must of done a similar kit this is the H version withthe shurzen the sadly chopped a lot out of the earlier 3in1 kits but still plenty to keep me going was yours the short barrel e version if you hated theses tracks avoid noth the panther f and porshejagdtiger by dml total terror to any builder the jagd had all the separate spacer bars so 6 pieces for evey two lengths

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast