Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

a pseudo serbian knight

Article about: Hello dear fellows! Some of you(Stuka F and Nordland especially) may have seen my works in the architectural model making. Before a dramatical bike crash (hello stuka f...) that send me for

Default a pseudo serbian knight

Hello dear fellows!
    Some of you(Stuka F and Nordland especially) may have seen my works in the architectural model making.
    Before a dramatical bike crash (hello stuka f...) that send me for 1 year in the hospital and left my right hand half paralized,I had great pleasure in figurines painting.A recent move destroyed my collection of big scale figurines and this is the sole survivor...Sorry,it's not WW1,nor WW2.But I'm quite happy to share it with you.Verlinden model,oil painted and a little bit different from the stock model.
    If you want some hints and tips about oil painting ,feel free to ask ,if I can help you...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a pseudo serbian knight   a pseudo serbian knight  

a pseudo serbian knight   a pseudo serbian knight  

?

Default Re: a pseudo serbian knight

Hi Seb'

Nice paint job, especially for a (?)120mm figure done in oils.
    Personally I use enamels, acrylics and oils on my models. I never have been able to get used to using oils on such a large scale model so only use them for detail work.
    Will get around to posting some pic's of some of my models on the appropriate section some day!
    All the best

Ian
    AKA: Jimpy

thanks!In fact ,oil on a big piece is a 2 months work business...It works well with this kind of subjects,but for a ww2 one,I prefer enamels as you use.Wait for your pics!

Hi Seb,
    Very nice detail on the model i like to see detail as it is more realistic, ie the rip in the skin on the shield ect. It doesnt matter if it is not from the world wars, as it is still history and that,s what
    it,s all about. thanks for showing it.
    dave.

thanks for your kind words Panzer 3,but I have to say that I sometimes go to figurine contest and I have a long way to reach the excellence of someone like Bill Horan....May be if I find time I'll try again with a WW 2 big scale painted with acrylics.Have to think to that...Bonne soirée à tous!

Great model mate , nice detailed painting , hope yourv mended from the bike crash , cheers Raymond

thanks Raymond,I'll try to do better next time.The bike crash(caused by a "too-much-English-beer-night") left me with 17 broken bones and 8 months in a wheel chair...Now when I'm drunk,I drive by car, ha ha ha!

Hi everybody!Found the one!Cheap and easy to paint,because I don't know if my hand will be able to paint with accuracy without trembling.Wait for receiving it,and I think I'm gonna customized it a bit,to reinforce dramatic side.Great program,don't know if I 'll succed...I'm older now,the knight has been realized in 1996.
    The soviet soldier is a Kirin 1/16 scale model and the pic is of course the boxtop one.Bonne journée à tous!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a pseudo serbian knight  

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    thanks Raymond,I'll try to do better next time.The bike crash(caused by a "too-much-English-beer-night") left me with 17 broken bones and 8 months in a wheel chair...Now when I'm drunk,I drive by car, ha ha ha!
    Hey sebfrench, nice work mate !!
    Drunk, I am better off on I bike then in a car... especialy when police have theyre drugs and alcohol controls!!! ;-)
    Back to the treath.
    I use to be a war gamer back in the 70 ties I had the whole of Blucher's army on the 22 mm scale it was I think, for the Napoleonic periode, the whole bunch of the hordes of Ambiorix fot the Roman periode, many figures of the "dungeons and dragons" game and the whole GrossDeutschland panzer grenadier division in that very thiny scale. A fortune on figures , paint and time....I wunder where they are now, ..some where in a box...??
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Kalu
    ?

Nice work

btw...

"a pseudo serbian knight"

Its a Croatian knight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast