Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'The road to Tobruk' and a battle weary jeep

Article about: [QUOTE=big ned;879966]Looking at yer photo that's pretty obvious Dan....Good teeth though! Ned, you are a funny bastard!lol

Default 'The road to Tobruk' and a battle weary jeep

Inspired by Volksjager's thread I dusted off a couple of models I made 20 years ago when my eyes were good

The first is a desert scene with one of the DAK's scout cars - a Leichter Panzerspähwagen patrolling and testing the defenses of Tobruk. A wrecked and burnt out jeep and a roadside Tommie's grave were added for effect.

Hope you like it - yes it's indoors at night now so the flash shot gives a haunting night effect to the scene????

Models are Tamiya and 1/35 scale.

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'The road to Tobruk' and a battle weary jeep   'The road to Tobruk' and a battle weary jeep  

'The road to Tobruk' and a battle weary jeep   'The road to Tobruk' and a battle weary jeep  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Default Re: 'The road to Tobruk' and a battle weary jeep

The second is a 1/35 Tamiya jeep with a shot up windscreen and a flat tyre. Mud splattered as it raced back to Bastogne, the crew took a wrong turn and ran into an ambush and got shot up.

That was my imaginative story but this one never made it into a diorama ........

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'The road to Tobruk' and a battle weary jeep   'The road to Tobruk' and a battle weary jeep  

'The road to Tobruk' and a battle weary jeep   'The road to Tobruk' and a battle weary jeep  

they look good dan. and a bit of time painting and makeing must have gone into them.

I really like them both, especially the bombed out jeep.

Tom

Excellent work Dan, Diorama's are something I have never though to do but yours flow very well indeed. Looks like you got some skills

Jason

Dan they are superb mate! Your an artist, very professional looking work mate!

Congrats! A very evocative Tobruk diorama...

There are some very talented model makers on WRF
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Very very cool.
    I wish i was that talented.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Thanks guys but it was a long time ago. Now a days my eyes aren't what they once were

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Thanks guys but it was a long time ago. Now a days my eyes aren't what they once were
    Looking at yer photo that's pretty obvious Dan....Good teeth though!

And nice models too. I'll have to dig my 1/16 scale tanks out, but they're probably busted up after several moves.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast