Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Sands Of Omaha

Article about: Hi guys , i finished this piece a few weeks back , it is now one of my favorites .Its dedecated to all at Omaha beach 6 june 1944 . I have a friend in England that visited the beach , Red Do

Default The Sands Of Omaha

Hi guys , i finished this piece a few weeks back , it is now one of my favorites .Its dedecated to all at Omaha beach 6 june 1944 .
    I have a friend in England that visited the beach , Red Dog Sector , where the Americans came ashore ,while there he gathered up some of the sand from the beach and sent some to me .
    I wanted something specail to display the sand and so created this piece useing the sand as the beach .Its in 1/6 scale ..cheers Raymond
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Sands Of Omaha   The Sands Of Omaha  

The Sands Of Omaha   The Sands Of Omaha  

The Sands Of Omaha   The Sands Of Omaha  

Default Re: The Sands Of Omaha

Raymond,

What an incredible, simple, powerful creation. I didn't even need the tittle in order to immediately recognize it for what it represents. This single damaged helmet lying in the surf conveys so much without being too "busy".

What a fantastic piece, and to have actual sand from the actual beach that was soaked with the blood of heroes, well that is impossible to improve upon. VERY well done, you should be proud.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Very powerful piece, I really like that-

Thank you for you kind words Steve , yes it is quite a powerful piece and have the sand just makes it so specail ,.
    I will be takeing it to the a sign engravers to have a small plaque made for it saying what its about , i also have this picture that i will display along side it , one can almost feel the fear and here the incomeing rounds when you look at it , the one thing that realy stuns is the guy with the slight grin on his face , i bet that went very fast shortly after the pic was taken , wounder if he made it. cheers again mate Raymond
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Sands Of Omaha  

Great creation, mate!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks Cannonman17 and Stuka , much apprecated , cheers Raymond

Raymond great work i really like that , does not need anything to tell us what it represent ,it simply talk to you just by looking at it .
    Could you tell me how you did this .? what material you used .
    Thanks for sharing it with us.

Frenchy

simple and poignant,with a nice water rendering.Congratulations!

Wow! Great work

Brilliant

it speaks a thousand words !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast