Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

It sank the Bismark....

Article about: It sank the Bismark (almost) but I didn't make it. Picked it up at a local show. It's an older model of a Swordfish with some age but very well made. Couldn't say no. Super hi rez photos so

MAP
    ?

Default It sank the Bismark....

It sank the Bismark (almost) but I didn't make it. Picked it up at a local show.

It's an older model of a Swordfish with some age but very well made. Couldn't say no.

Super hi rez photos so click and then click again to enlarge

It sank the Bismark....

It sank the Bismark....

It sank the Bismark....

It sank the Bismark....

It sank the Bismark....

It sank the Bismark....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A very nice model, scratch-built or kit?

1/72 scale? I'd like to see a picture of the flag too!

Regards

Martin

MAP
    ?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    A very nice model, scratch-built or kit?
    Appears to be a kit Harry. But very well done.

Quote by Salzburg View Post

Regards

Martin
    I'm not a modeler (well not since I was 10 years old), so not sure of the scale. It's 6 or 7 inches long if that gives you any indication.

The flag is a very old 48 star. I found it at my Mom's house. Not sure where she got it. Garage sale? Relative? But most likely WW2 era. Not military. It's just a common civilian cotton version. Very faded having been flown outside a house for many many years. It's 4' x 6' in size. Nothing special but a great backdrop given it's faded condition.

It sank the Bismark....

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Your passion for all things military is unmatched !!

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Your passion for all things military is unmatched !!
    Yes it is David, yes it is!

But hidden within that is the fact that I sow my seeds too far and too wide and thus miss out on having a focused collection of high end items

Quote by MAP View Post

But hidden within that is the fact that I sow my seeds too far and too wide and thus miss out on having a focused collection of high end items
    You are happy with your collection, even your items of little value. Nothing wrong with that !!

Quote by MAP View Post

I've always said "collect what makes you happy". You'll get way more enjoyment out of it
    than those who collect as an investment or who focus on something do to peer presure.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    You are happy with your collection, even your items of little value. Nothing wrong with that !!
    Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I've always said "collect what makes you happy". You'll get way more enjoyment out of it
    than those who collect as an investment or who focus on something do to peer presure.
    Yes and Yes.

I love the diversity and the history behind each item. I've always said, I collect what catches my eye. And yes, I do have a number of higher end items but most of the collection are little time capsules with a story.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Salzburg View Post

Regards

Martin
    Martin,

And here is another 48 star flag I have. Much better condition, appears to be made of wool and much larger. Literally just found this at my Mom's house an hour ago when I went to check in on her

It sank the Bismark....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast