Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Scratch Made WWII Winter Diorama

Article about: Attached is our latest diorama in 1:30 scale using Limited Edition Collectible toy soldiers and vehicles from a manufacturer named, Collectors Showcase. This is one of hundreds of different

Default Scratch Made WWII Winter Diorama

Attached is our latest diorama in 1:30 scale using Limited Edition Collectible toy soldiers and vehicles from a manufacturer named, Collectors Showcase. This is one of hundreds of different dioramas which Battle Scene Productions or BSP have made. This diorama is only half of the original and it is the right side. The left side will be posted soon. I made the buildings and smoke and my partner Firebat, photographed and computer enhanced the smoke a little. We have been told that we create some of the best dioramas in the world. You be the judge. We have a strong passion for what we do and we also like to have a lot of fun in the process. Enjoy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scratch Made WWII Winter Diorama  

Default Re: Scratch Made WWII Winter Diorama

Nice job, must have taken some time. When I enlarged it I saw that you even included a red brick roadway. Welcome and thanks for sharing. John

Wow, Nice Job. I wasn't there but if I was I'll bet that's what it looked like. You mentioned that you have a strong passion for what you do; the passion definately shows.

Mike

Hi,
    Love the diarama it is one of the best i have seen, I know the work that goes into something like this. It is a credit to your artistic skills, You say the smoke is computer enhanced !, was the fire also? as it is a great asset to the model i would like to know how you did it. Very well done.
    dave.

Thanks guys for your compliments.
    The smoke is NOT fully computer enhanced.
    I made the smoke from scratch and added the black, grays, orange colors and then the computer just enhanced it slightly. The attached photo is from a 1:35 scale Stalingrad Factory which I made and created smoke from scratch. This smoke is not computer enhanced. I also did not add any fire colors to the smoke. I'll find another photo where I added the fire colors without being computer enhanced.
    Regards, Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Scratch Made WWII Winter Diorama 

Hi nick,
    Great diarama as good as the last shown i love th detail you put into your models. All the accessories make better as it looks like a real battle scene. Is the smoke cottonwool based?, I would like to know how to do that.
    dave.

Thanks Panzer3. I use a poly fiber material which is much stronger and thicker than cotton. But you still need to made a frame first, then cover the frame with the poly fiber. There is a lot of trial and era. Here are 2 more pictures of the smoke from my 1:35 diorama.
    Regards, Nick/morbshock.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scratch Made WWII Winter Diorama   Scratch Made WWII Winter Diorama