Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

soldier made by dragon car boot find

Article about: Now your talking!!! Woohoo

Default soldier made by dragon car boot find

Hi guys
    i bought this at a car boot sale yesterday, not what i usually collect but i couldnt let it go, the detail is spot on and even the the magazine comes off and the barrel breaks i should imagine like the real one.the cantine even comes apart and the helmet is made of metal, the pics dont really do the figure justice but thats my photgraphy hope you like it
    cheers ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture soldier made by dragon car boot find   soldier made by dragon car boot find  

soldier made by dragon car boot find   soldier made by dragon car boot find  

?

Default Re: soldier made by dragon car boot find

Really nice figures these Dragon makes, Ive seen the full set, about 20 in number but there are supposed to be more in the pipe line,, Im in the middle of a diorama with 1/35 german/georgian surrendering at normandy ,very detailed for the size. Then a Dragon set of medical unit german werhmacht with conversion kit for the kubelwagon for stretcher carrying. Got them and 3 other kits at a local arms fair for £20.

nice buy that Davejb you will have to post some pics,have you seen the officers in this type they look fantastic,
    cheers Ronnie

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    Hi guys
    i bought this at a car boot sale yesterday, not what i usually collect but i couldnt let it go, the detail is spot on and even the the magazine comes off and the barrel breaks i should imagine like the real one.the cantine even comes apart and the helmet is made of metal, the pics dont really do the figure justice but thats my photgraphy hope you like it
    cheers ronnie
    Hi, its looks very cool, the helmet has an amazing detail.
    Best regards
    Nuno

?

Yes they are great, especially the Allegeimine officer in full black uniform and belt with shoulder strap, also the leibstandarte guard with white belt and gloves and the dress sword, and i will post photos along with my modest collection of militaria if my daughter ever gives me my bloody camera back along with the gadget for putting them on the laptop, its only been 4mths!!!

Here is my custom figure that i made.

I hand stitched the # 2 collar tab , both tabs i made by hand.

I hand stitched the cuff title - # 4 with the blue border, top, and bottom.

I made the black/white collar cord by hand also, and hand stitched it onto the collar also.

I made the single shoulder board myself, and sewn into the shirt like the originals would have been, with the end sewn into the seam of the shoulder seams.

I painted the buttons on it in black.

I made the shoulder strap also, as i did not like the one i had.

I copied this from an original tunic i have seen on a reputable dealers web site.

I really like the way this one came out, especially the # 2 font, and the # 4 also, as that was all free hand stitching.

I'm in the process of making a custom armband for it also.

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks
    Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture soldier made by dragon car boot find   soldier made by dragon car boot find  

soldier made by dragon car boot find  

Looks fantastic!! The arthritic hands are a bit of let down though.....

I know how he feels, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yeah, those hands are made to hold a sub gun, and i did not have a MP-40, just newer type weapons, and i did not want to ruin it by doing that.

I saw that tunic set up configuration off a collects web site, and i did not want to post pics that belonged to another person, with out their permission first.

Brian

?

Its a great looking figure, and its a shame that they dont make different hands for non combat models, but you could try to make ones out of miliput and change them over

Im thinking about putting them in the oven to soften them up, so that i could straighten them out.

Brian

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast