Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Some Of My Kits

Article about: Yeah thats the one , over here its weekly plus i dont subscribe or pay DD, I pay on a weekly basis so if i want to stop at any time i can, it may be expensive in the long run but its somethi

?

Default Re: Some Of My Kits

Yeah thats the one , over here its weekly plus i dont subscribe or pay DD, I pay on a weekly basis so if i want to stop at any time i can, it may be expensive in the long run but its something to do.

?

Yeah thats the one, over here its in weekly parts so i can stop any time i want also i dont pay direct debit , only the newsagents.

?

Here is a 1:48 A-20 Of Flt Lft Newton VC RAAF this is a AMT Kit

?

Well Iam Off to RAAF Amberley for a few days and thought i would show you these kits,they are all prebuilt and in 1:18 Scale

First is a Mig 15 21st Century kit

To give you some idear of there size here is yours truly and two off my boys giving comparisons

21st Century 109 G6

BBi Zero

BBI F6F

And Last is a BF109 G2 from BBI still in the box

?

Lovely detail on those studly, question, will you be putting pilots in the large ones, that would look real good

Quote by davejb View Post
    Yeah thats the one, over here its in weekly parts so i can stop any time i want also i dont pay direct debit , only the newsagents.
    Hope your newsagent is cosy with his wholesaler dave. Because it only has to go wrong once for you and you've got no legal redress with him have you? You're relying on him to go out of his way to help you out when something goes wrong, and believe me, you can spend hours on the 'phone to Hachette Partworks personally trying to get through, then being shunted around various departments to eventually be promised that it will be dealt with immediately and not hearing or receiving bugger all at the end of it.

If that's the result that occurs when you do it off your own bat, your time and the cost of 'phone calls and the legal redress that you can call on by using direct debit, do you honestly believe that Mr. Singh or his wholesalers are going to go out of their way to that extent to help you out for nothing? I don't think so mate.

I wish you all the best in your build, but personal experience has shown me that these things, amongst many, many other problems that WILL be encountered in these projects, make them more of a ball aching problem than a pleasure. By laying off direct debit and paying the newsagent, who in turn relies on his wholesaler, all you've done is add yet more potential, no, more likely certain, problems to overcome.

I think you may have read my opinions on another thread here regarding the Tiger, i noticed that you had commented there, but have not replied, but have decided to make your views known here on this thread saying that you won't get shafted because you pay weekly and can stop at any time you choose. That's your perogative, but are you going to call it a day if say, issue 76, 91 or 104 become unavailable? Or they pull the whole series as they did on one of their other products? What then dave?? Your going to write off your losses or take 'em to small claims court??

These things look great on the telly or in advertising pic's, but they're a f****** nightmare when it comes down to even getting close to the 'as shown' finished model. By the time you've finished the Tiger, it'll be the same as the original tank it represents, too little, too late... As for the model Lanc, well you could have bought a REAL one for less within living memory.

After all that, i wish you all the best in your future endevours regarding these models, i know your a skilled and talented modeller!!

Regards, Ned.

r!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Back on track please guys.

This is Studl's thread about his superb models and needs to stay that way.

Thanks

Steve T

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    Lovely detail on those studly, question, will you be putting pilots in the large ones, that would look real good
    Hi Dave I will probably put them in as they are very detailed

Studly

?

Im not sure but i dont think we can get that type of model over here, at least i havnt seen them

?

Hi Guys i thought i would update this thread with some more 1:18 Scale kits i have picked up
    First is a P51 Mustang

Here is Rare Motorworks Spitfire...I Payed through the nose for this one

Here is a Me 262

Cheers
    Greg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast