Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Some of my model figures

Article about: Hi Ian, I know the technique well, just never seem to be able to get it just right. Do you use a hard or soft brush for the oil paint coat? Tom

?

Default Some of my model figures

Hi guys,

Just to keep a promise I made some time ago.
    Attached are some pic's of some of my models. These two are a German Infantryman, early WW2 and was originally completed in about 1990, it was also only the second figure that I made in this scale.
    The other one is of a British Para, Falklands War 1982. This was made about 1996.

Both figures are resin and metal kits and are 120mm scale.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some of my model figures   Some of my model figures  

Some of my model figures   Some of my model figures  

Some of my model figures  

?

Default Re: Some of my model figures

Hi guys.

Some more of my models.
    Again, these are 120mm scale.
    The first one is a German Infantryman,Russian Front 1941 - 42. This was the first figure that I ever made in this scale way back in 1990!!
    The other one is a Royal Marine Commando, Falklands War 1982. This was made in 1996.

Hope you like them.

Regards etc

Ian

AKA: Jimpy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some of my model figures   Some of my model figures  

Super models and superb detail. Very nice indeed

Steve T

?

Thanks for the compliments Steve.

Ian

Hi Ian,
    Great models mate, love em they have some good details on them. thats what makes the whole thing worth making, and a good collection to. Will you make more on that scale, I love the marine with the 84, Charlie G. ( carl gustav). they make a big bang
    i remember.
    Dave.

wow those are superb looking models well done

?

Thanks for the compliments guys, much appreciated.

Dave,
    I have a few more pic's to post up of figures in this scale, (not counting the ones unmade in the cupboard!!)
    I am one of those people, who, if a model takes my eye, regardless of what it is, I will get if I have the money at the time.
    I think that a couple of the ones that I am thinking about posting will cause a few surprises/raised eyebrows!

All the best

Ian

PS: Forgot to mention, I also know from personal expeience what its like to fire a Charlie G...............AND get the backwash on the back of the legs through DPM combats!!

Hi,Ian,
    i hope so mate, you,v done a good job on those.
    dave

Hi Ian, very well painted models!! I especially love the woodwork on the Eastern Front German infantryman. You should post some close-ups.
    Tom

?

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Hi Ian, very well painted models!! I especially love the woodwork on the Eastern Front German infantryman. You should post some close-ups.
    Tom
    Hi Tom

The woodwork was done by painting a thin, "streaked out" oil paint over a matt enamel (Humbrol matt 63 Sand if memory serves right).
    This is a method I learnt many years ago and one that I use regularly when I have to do woodwork on my models.

I tend to use enamels and acrylics for the majority of my figures with oils for flesh, leatherwork, weapon woodwork etc, but this is not a hard and fast rule for me and I use whatever feels right at the time.

All the best
    Ian

AKA: Jimpy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast