Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

some pics of my hobby

Article about: hi im new here and loving the site awesome has lots for everyone well heres a few pics of my kits i thought u might enjoy ones annaliese with the liberty of unwhitwened spare tracks and the

?

Default Re: some pics of my hobby

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    king tiger porshe variant so still a tiger variant in defense of jimpy
    Thanks for coming to my defence mate.
    I know my eyesight is getting worse but I knew I was right on this one, I've got a Tamiya Tiger2 (Production Turret) in the cupboard waiting to be built with a couple of PE frets for super-detailing. Just need to get a decent set of figures for it, thinking about the Dragon/DML sets.

I very rarely do a "winter-white" finish on my vehicles, but when I do, I tend to "reverse paint" them, ie: I start with the white and work up to the original base colours.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

PS: I won my KT as the very first "Readers Letter" in Military in Scale many years ago, just not got around to building it yet. Im sure that we've all got models in the "to build cupboard"
    Last edited by jimpy; 06-08-2010 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Addition and grammar

oh christ jimpy if i took a pic of all the stuff ive got to build in my cupboard ud have a heart attack lol most of its for a client in arizona summat easier to do here than back home in the uk i can honestly say if you buy the dml figures you cant go wrong especially the lsah set or the elite tankers set but then dml is always prodcucing more and more figures i recently bought the panzer IV crew set with the guy passing up a bottle of wine to a crewman and i cant wait to be fit enough to build it as for the kits i think you also need ot look at dml for the future much cheaper and so much more in the box like the magic tracks some pe usually a turned ally barrel spare ovm tools etc all the things u have to buy to add to a tamiya thus making it far more expensive i use tamiya paints or testors modelmasters for the tank paint jobs with some mig pigments and oil washes to dirty it up but when it comes to the figures i dont touch anything but vallejo also if you want a cheap protection method u se ronsela acrylic matte varnish u cna buy it at b&q and use the thicker soup at the bottom thinned with screenwash saves you a fortune on varnish look forward to speaking to you more mate have a goodun and if you need references to the crew figs let me know ill take a pic of the best ones i also find that if u strip the rubber from a cheap set of pound shop earphones you get a fantastic thin wire for the headphone leads just paint em in red leather by vallejo also a great purchase would be cammoflage uniforms of the waffen ss by m d beaver which shows literally every german uniform cammo pattern ever made including wehrmacht and luftwaffe comparatives he even shows the final pattern liebmuster highly rare to see

heres a ronson too lol
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	firefly_vc_5.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	240.2 KB 
ID:	112209  

Excellent work. Some very good models you have there

Steve T

cheers steve shame i cant keep em but then again the collector looks after them well iv been making stuff for him for 4 yrs now

?

Hi mate.

Call me "old fashioned", but I tend to use Humbrol enamels for the majority of my models, (vehicles and figures), with Games Workshop acrylics and Winsor & Newton oils thrown in for good measure.
    I do have an airbrush, (its a Paasche double action) which I have recently been given and havent had chance to try out yet.
    Like a lot of us model-makers, I have a load of on-going projects, but I have been concentrating on my WarHammer 40K wargames armies recently, so the WW2, and others, have all taken a backseat for a while.
    Thanks for the idea about the Ronseal varnish thinned with screenwash, I normally use straight distilled water.
    And I must try and get a copy of that book that you mention.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

panzerjaeger44,
    Now they look good
    Regards, Simon.

?

HI PJ44. Welcome to the forum!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Your models are brilliant mate!!! Keep at it and keep posting those pics!!!
    Thanks
    Andy

?

What a great set of models, very detailed ans so well painted, im in the middle of three projects, a german georgian unit surrendering at Normandy to usmc with a bunker being flamed by a pfc, a german medical station with two vehicles, a kubelwagen and schwimmwagen with doctor ,nurse, and wounded, als something more complicated, a model of John Steel on the church tower of St Mare Eglise, im making this from scratch and the figure ive got is 4" high so its going to be only part of the church tower, otherwise the wife would have to move out

cheers lads hope you like em i wish i could ad more buttill i find the disc they r on i cant i had to reset vista grrr.... jimpy i started with a double action paasche great for learning the finer sublteties indeed but once ur hooked ull want an aztec or an iwata , over here i get modelmasters paints which are actually copied from samples of the original paints and give a great base , davejb i know the georigian legion set your doing but i never knew the usmc was involved in the normandy landings would like to know more about that coz its be interesting ive seen pics of sihks in german uniforms manning mg34s on the atlantic wall for the germans but no model company ha touched on that yet either as for the church id love to see pics of that it sonds like a real project and a half anyways will postmore when i can find em till then thanks to all who have enjoyed the pics and if your after anything from over here let me know i cant try n get it sent to you for eg that book jipy is 65 dollars here which is about 45 quid not bad considering i think they want 90 for it bk home

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast