Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tamiya 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251 - Wehrmacht, Ost Front 1943

Article about: Straight off the back of the KV-1 in the earlier topic is this newly finished 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251. This one had been 95% completed before the Kv-1 but was waiting for some track rust pigments to

Default Tamiya 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251 - Wehrmacht, Ost Front 1943

Straight off the back of the KV-1 in the earlier topic is this newly finished 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251. This one had been 95% completed before the Kv-1 but was waiting for some track rust pigments to come in before it got the final touches.

I just sat down and put the tracks on, plus pigments and dust to wrap it up. Finished as a vehicle from an unknown Wehrmacht unit from the Eastern front. Was first finished in dark yellow, then over sprayed with white and blended with while oil paint. Then chips and streaks added over the top with pigments at the end. Once again all paints are Vajello and Mig Abteilung Oils.

Now I am ready to start something new, should it be a 1/35 Hetzer or 1/48 Flakpanzer IV Mobelwagon?

Jason

Tamiya 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251 - Wehrmacht, Ost Front 1943Tamiya 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251 - Wehrmacht, Ost Front 1943Tamiya 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251 - Wehrmacht, Ost Front 1943Tamiya 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251 - Wehrmacht, Ost Front 1943Tamiya 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251 - Wehrmacht, Ost Front 1943Tamiya 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251 - Wehrmacht, Ost Front 1943Tamiya 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251 - Wehrmacht, Ost Front 1943Tamiya 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251 - Wehrmacht, Ost Front 1943

Default Re: Tamiya 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251 - Wehrmacht, Ost Front 1943

Jase, you've done an amazing job of that mate, it really looks great! You're quite a talented bugger and quick, it takes me an eternity to complete a model, even then they rarely come out looking anywhere near as good as this. Well done mate!

WOW, very very cool! Looks so realistic

Jason are you an airbrush or regular brush painter?
    Morris

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I always try something new on each model and seems to work out well at the moment.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Jason are you an airbrush or regular brush painter?
    Morris
    Hi Morris, I use a dual action airbrush and compressor to paint pretty much everything. My airbrush was a cheapy from ebay and its been great. Came with 3 size needles and tips so I can vary the line width.

I am contemplating doing a build blog for the next model on here, showing my work area and how it all goes together and progresses

Jason

I was under the impression u had a good rig because your highlighting and shading is excellent.
    Morris

Not by any means Morris, its surprising what you can do with simple things. I wont bore you with the long story but this airbrush is my first real one. Before this its been single actions that have been pretty bad and have never really progressed far with it.

Here is a couple of snaps of my work area and the brush and compressor. Mind the kids toys, my girl likes to play with them while I am done there

Tamiya 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251 - Wehrmacht, Ost Front 1943Tamiya 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251 - Wehrmacht, Ost Front 1943Tamiya 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251 - Wehrmacht, Ost Front 1943

Hi Jason,,you have a gifted talent. I said this before about modeling on another thread....this isnt just gluing and painting....this is a form of Art!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Excellent work Jason. Well done and thanks for sharing your skills with us. Do you plan on adding figures?

Regards,

Carl

Tamiya paint delivers a very nice color range and usually produces splendid results.
    Morris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast