Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

U552

Article about: Great work Francie I have made the smaller scale U Boats and always fancied making a 1:72 but lack of space was the problem. First class ! Nick

Default Re: U552

Great work Francie I have made the smaller scale U Boats and always fancied making a 1:72 but lack of space was the problem.

First class !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The weathering was done over a couple of evenings, I used Mig productions rust powder and Lifecolor Tensochrom, as well as oil paint.

Very good techniques you have used there! Excellent work. Approx haw long does a 3ft model take from start to finish? You need patience I expect!?

Well done.
    Dan

?

Another good way is to mix the real rust powder with water dissolved paint, then paint it, and paint as a second layer with normal paint and put after that in to the water, the rust will go trough the paint and will look very authentic
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Great job francie, the paint job really makes it and gives it an authentic look. I like it a lot!

Cheers, Edwin

?

I saved this pic ages ago, one of the best U-Boot dioramas I've seen, another 1/72 scale boat just surfacing......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010031.jpg 
Views:	10463 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	178129  

Great work and lovely weathering Francie

And a good tip from Dimas. I shall be trying that

And that diorama Adrian has posted is just .......... I'm lost for words !

Steve T

Excellent!
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I saved this pic ages ago, one of the best U-Boot dioramas I've seen, another 1/72 scale boat just surfacing......
    Looks like a screenshot from a movie. Very realistic.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Fantastic model, man. I'd like to see what you do with a Panther!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12