Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Uss lci 537

Article about: Was at a garage sale today and asked the lady if she had any military items . She said she had a camo covered helmet which turned out to be from the 70s and when I turned around to leave I s

?

Thank you Smitty for posting that . I might stop back tomorrow and talk with the daughter some more to see if I can get some info on her dad . Gary

?

Now that is a Awesome pic Smitty!!!

Gary,
    Can you put a coin on it so we can get an idea of the scale?

That is a work of love to build that.

Semper Fi

?

Hi Phil does this help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uss lci 537  

MAP
    ?

That is huge and cool! Maybe put in a glass case to keep all the dust off...or build a D-Day themed display with this at the center
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Map it is cool . My wife and son are ready to kill me I keep playing WWII battle station sound effects on my phone.

?

I'd think about printing an enlarged image of the actual boat (as shown earlier in the thread) as a backdrop to the model. That would be a very fitting tribute to the fine work that it is.

Carl
    Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

www.concentrationcamptours.com

www.concentrationcampmoney.com

"maka akaŋl oyate maŋi pi ki le, tuweŋi wypeya oki hi sni"

?

Carl I am going to print out that image . I just have to find the spot to display the ship at almost 3 and a half feet its tough to find space for her . I'm also going to put her earned ribbons with her . Gary

It might sound silly..

But does it float?

I'm sure there is a lot more history to come from this fantastic landing craft.

I look forward to any updates.

?

Its made of wood so it would float for a short time just don't know how well it would hold up .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12